THREE

CHAPTER THREE!
- a lover's spat

'to be so lonely'

⋆ ⭑ ☆ ⭑ ⋆

The morning sun shone through the dark yellow curtains, signalling to the sleeping Hufflepuff's that it was time to wake up and greet the day ahead.

Florence begrudgingly sat up in her bed, the warm covers and sheets messy around her. She yawned as she looked around the dorm room, seeing her fellow Hufflepuff's slowly but surely waking up too.

The blonde seventh year tied her hair up messily, putting on her yellow and black school uniform and her favourite lilac knit jumper (which she will obviously take off after breakfast or face getting a detention for breaking the uniform code). After tying the laces of her black school shoes, Florence put on her favourite perfume, it smelt of roses and a fresh summers day (if that even had a smell).

With all four girls ready, they headed down to the Great Hall for breakfast and to collect their timetables.

"Whoever decided it was a good idea to make classes start at nine am should be sent to Azkaban." Deanna groaned, as the quartet sat down at the Hufflepuff table. The Great Hall was packed with students all eating and eagerly awaiting their timetable to see if they shared any classes with their friends.

The other girls all nodded, agreeing that it should be illegal to be forced to wake up so early for school. Florence started buttering a piece of toast with strawberry jam, and poured herself a cup of tea adding just a splash of milk. She slowly chewed on her toast as she noticed Professor Sprout walking towards the group out of the corner of her eye.

"Ah there you are girls! I hope you had a good trip last night and I am sure you are all eager to start this morning, here are your timetables for your NEWT classes." Quickly skimming over her timetable, Florence looked back up at Professor Sprout and thanked her.

"Oh, and before I forget, I hope to see you both for Gardening club," Professor Sprout asked Angela and Florence, a wide smile framing her warm face.

Both girls gave her a nod and a small smile. Happy with their answer, Professor Sprout walked over to the next group of Hufflepuff's to give them their timetables (and to no doubt persuade them into joining gardening club too).

"What do you all have first? I've got Ancient Runes and then Potions right after." Maria asked with furrowed eyebrows and a small frown at the thought of having Ancient Runes first thing in the morning.

"Unlucky, I've got Care of Magical Creatures first and then Potions too. I hope Professor Kettleburn is going to bring some cute animals for today's lesson!" Florence asked, looking over her timetable again, happy with where all her lessons were.

"Well, I've got Divination first. I wonder who Professor Varlett is going to predict will die this year, she did rather freak out poor Freddie Jones in fifth year. I might as well leave now if we're ever going to make it there." Deanna replied with a groan not wanting to walk up so many stairs this early in the morning (even if they did move, it was still so many to walk up!)

When the girls finished their breakfast they all split off to their first lessons of the day. Maria had Ancient Runes, Angela had Arithmancy, Deanna had Divination, and Florence had Care of Magical Creatures.

Florence stepped out into the courtyard, the brisk morning wind hitting her in the face, blowing her hair in every direction. She hurriedly made her way down to the Forbidden Forest where their lessons for Care of Magical Creatures were held. It was by far her favourite subject, especially when they got to cuddle cute animals, (nifflers were just so adorable!)