A Visionary's First Day

The Kamijou Residence, July 13, 8:30 am

It's a quiet morning in Touma's dorm. Touma's comfortably snoring in a futon, on the floor. Shulk is being rocked gently by the hammock out on the porch. Index is slowly getting up from the main bed.

"Tooumaaaa. I'm huuuungryyyyyy..." Index walks slowly, like a zombie across the room. Her eyes try to force themselves open. She opens the fridge, grabs a small box promptly labeled "Index's breakfast", and walks over a sleeping Touma.

The pressure on his guts jolt Touma awake. Rapidly looking for the wall clock, he yells at Shulk.

"Ah, crap! SHULK! WHAT TIME IS IT?!"

Shulk also jolts awake, nearly falling off the hammock. He turns to Touma in the room, rubbing his eyes.

"I'm not the one with a clock..." Shulk says, wearily.

Touma's eyes meet the clock on the wall.

"AHHHH! IT'S 8:30! WE NEED TO HURRY UP, SHULK!" Touma makes a mad dash for the closet, while Shulk sits up on the hammock.

"Wh-"

PLAP!

Clothes fall onto Shulk's lap from his face.

"PUT ON YOUR UNIFORM! WE'LL EAT BREAKFAST ON THE WAY!" Touma hurriedly puts on his pants and belt.

"Ugh, got it..."

The two dress as fast as humanly possible, and then take turns in the bathroom to freshen up.

With Shulk and Touma debatably prepared, the two rush to the door.

"INDEX! I'M HEADING OUT NOW! IF THERE'S TROUBLE, CALL ME ON THE PHONE!"

Touma's yelling echoes through the room, as he swings the door open.

The door slams and Index groggily walks to the phone. She dials Touma's phone, and Touma picks up.

"WHAT!? WE JUST LEFT!"

"You left your lunch," Index says with a yawn.

Shulk and Touma, now with his lunch and his bag, finally arrive at the school. The two walk through the hallways, blending in alongside the other students. Shulk can hear chatter about all sorts of different things: upcoming tests, first dates, summer school.

"Man, I thought I set my alarm," Touma says, breathless. "It's a miracle we arrived on time..."

Shulk turns to Touma, voicing his worries.

"What's gonna happen when the teachers don't recognize me? I'll probably get kicked out."

"Don't worry, I called my teachers the night before and told them about why I needed to bring you. They'll be fine with it, just don't cause trouble."

"I doubt it's that easy..."

Shulk and Touma stand outside their classroom.

"Okay, try not to draw too much attention until lunch. Here's a pen." Touma tosses a pencil into Shulk's hands. As Shulk inspects the small yellow pencil, a man with spiky blonde hair and a man with blue hair approach the door. The blond-haired boy calls out to Touma.

"Hey Kamiyan, who's this? Are you making a new trio without us?"

"Tsuchimikado? Aogami?"

"Touma, who are these guys?" Shulk asks.

"My friends from school." Touma points inside the classroom. "You should head inside the class, I need to talk to Tsuchimikado."

Shulk holds the new pencil in his hand and walks into the classroom.