Academy City, the City of Science

The Tokiwadai School Dorms, early morning.

In her bed, a young girl tosses and turns. She tightens the blanket around her and tries to snooze for a little longer.

"Onee-sama! Get out of bed!"

As if to spite the thought, another girl rips the blanket out of the poor girl's hands. Tightening her closed eyes, the dozing girl tries to ignore how cold it is in the room with the AC blasting. The other girl seems to have finally given up and disappeared into the bathroom.

The girl smiles in a moment of pure bliss. She could wake up soon enough, then get to school, thinking to herself. Maybe she'd have time to buy breakfast somewhere, like the crepe shop, on the way.

The wonderful thoughts of the girl's perfect morning are interrupted by the sheer chill of cold water being splashed on her face. The girl instantly shoots up from her slumber, looking very...pissed, to say the least.

"Kuroko." The girl lets her bangs hang over her face. It would be much too traumatic to see her face outright. "What the hell are you doing?" she snarls, baring her teeth.

"Good morning to you too, Onee-sama. You look like you slept well."

You could see the girl baring her teeth, looking at the girl named Kuroko.

"In that case, if I may ask, why did you decide to wake me up like this?"

Electricity sparks, intimidating Kuroko, but she stands her ground. With a smile on her face, Kuroko informs the girl.

"It's my duty to bear some bad news, Onee-sama. The water was simply the lesser of many, many evils."

"Oh, then please enlighten me. Before I fry you and everything in this room."

Kuroko grabs the nearby nightstand clock. Polishing the glass, she presents the clock face to the girl, who immediately backs down. Her anger quickly turns to pure panic.

It's 9 in the morning. Classes for this girl start at ten minutes past 9.

"W-wait a second. It's nine?"

"It looks like it. Or maybe you're just tired," Kuroko chuckles. "I'm already dressed, and my teleportation gives me all the time in the world to get to school. As for you, my precious Onee-sama, you're doomed to be late."

"And why did you not wake me up, if I was as doomed as you're saying?"

"Oh, you woe me, Onee-sama!" Kuroko taunts with a posh tone. "You're acting like I didn't try. My last resort was the water; I was hoping not to use something so terrible."

"Well, let me dress up!" the girl barks back, shoving the girl aside and dashing off. "Throw me my clothes, I'm taking the bathroom! I don't have time for a shower, so I won't take long. You'll teleport me once I'm done!"

Rushing to the bathroom, the girl looks into the mirror, sloppily brushing her hair.

Looking somewhat annoyed, Kuroko obliges and grabs the girl's wrinkled uniform. After an uneager sniff and visible flinch, she tosses the clothes into the bathroom.

"Did you even wash your uniform, Onee-sama? It stinks..."

"Not the time, Kuroko!" the girl continues preparing herself, washing her face in a failed attempt at cleaning the dark circles under her eyes.

While waiting on her roommate, Kuroko looks at the news on her phone. A shocking story makes her eyes go wide.

"Anti-Skill personnel found dead yesterday?" she whispers under her breath.