The Sister

A hospital in District 7, late morning

It's deathly quiet. So quiet, that Shulk could barely make out the noise of the EKG's tiny beeps from outside the room.

The doctor, whose face reminded Shulk of a Brog, enters the hallway from the room's door and takes a good look at Shulk.

"You are Misaka's friend, correct? She's open for visitors now." Heaven Canceller reads Shulk's worried face. "Misaka will be fine."

Earlier...

When Shulk, Touma, and Kuroko arrived at the hospital, Shulk blocked Kuroko's way.

"Let me stay!" Kuroko had shouted. "I want to make sure she's alright! Please..."

"Don't worry. She will be okay," Shulk reassured. "Your event is coming up, Kuroko. You can't let down your team."

Heaven Canceller led a stretcher with Misaka laying on it into the Emergency Room and left the three waiting outside.

"Fine. But once my event is over, I'm coming to make sure she's really okay. I..." Kuroko fell silent.

"Kuroko?"

"I don't want to lose her."

Those words truly stuck to Shulk. It was genuine worry, the way Shulk saw it. This was completely different from the way Kuroko used to jump all over Misaka before, he thought.

Shulk stands up. "Do you know what happened to Mikoto?"

"I checked my records on the Third-Ranked's data. Her electrical currents should have been sapped and shut down when she made contact with your sword. Instead, Misaka's powers changed." The doctor looks to Shulk's necklace, with the Monado on it. "Did your sword change as well?"

Shulk forms the Monado in his hands and examines the bright red symbol in the center. He thinks back to the moment where Misaka grabbed the Monado.

"The Monado's aura was intensely red. This new symbol's power was applied to Mikoto and me, enhancing our strength. We were able to rip apart the rope with ease."

As the doctor looks over to Misaka through the door's window, Shulk notices his glance.

"Will she get worse?" Shulk asks.

"Worse? No. It's exactly the opposite. Misaka's Electromaster has become more powerful than before."

"But that could easily be correlated to her growth as an esper."

"This growth is out of proportion, compared to what her projected growth should be. For the past year, Misaka has broken her former records exponentially."

"The past year..." Shulk thinks to himself. "When you say that, it makes it sound like the Monado didn't do this."

"That is correct. I do not believe the sword itself is responsible for the disproportionate growth. However, this reaction was unique. Though Misaka was actively harmed by your blade, it gained a new power."

"Every symbol I've unlocked came from an unconscious effort. When I need to protect someone, the Monado responded, and I gained another symbol."

"If that is the case, then I have a hypothesis. Misaka was able to unlock that new power of yours under the same principle."

"But this could never have happened if Mikoto was still being harmed by the Monado."

"That is where my point from early comes to fruition. This could've never happened under Misaka's normal circumstances."

A Certain Divine Visionaryजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें