Chapter Five

Pic above is Winnifred

I rolled out of bed at 5:45 realizing that everyone else would be woken up in fifteen minutes anyway. I decided I would shower that night and instead I just went to the bathroom to get ready quickly.

It only took me fifteen minutes before I was headed out the door. I ran into Four who seemed surprised to see me up, but he carried on. I heard him shouting for the other initiates to get up and chuckled.

"MJ," Called that all too familiar voice again.

I spun around and saw that I was in the same spot in that hall as yesterday when he spoke with me. "What?" I growled.

"I... I just wanted to ask you about Dad..." Eric said slowly as he stared at the ground.

I glared deeper into Eric than ever before. "There's nothing to know. You choked him to death and he died before you left. There was never any hope for him after you broke his neck."

Eric swallowed hard and looked up and away from me. "How am I here then?" He asked.

I still glare at him but violently tilt my head in disgust. What on earth did he mean?

"Why did no one turn me in? I know I would be arrested immedietly for murder if others knew." Eric still spoke softly. It rubbed me the wrong way though. What was with this new Eric. It's like he's all soft and sweet in private then he's his normal mean self any other time I see him.

I curled my lip at him. "You were always Mom's favorite. She vowed to keep your secorete, but she never wants to see you again." I said snarkily, "She doesn't like you, but she doesn't want to ruin your life. I, however, took no vow."

Eric looks at me worriedly then softens again. "Mira, I just want to make things right. I don't want our family to be split apart like this."

"Well you should have thought about that before you beat me and killed Dad." I nearly yell, "You're a monster! Nothing you say or do will ever make me forgive you. Our family will never be the same again."

"Mira," Eric pleaded softly.

"No! That's not my name and I'm not done!" I ground out. "You not only broke your relationship with Mom, but also mine. You don't even realize how much damage you did." I laughed. "What is done can't be undone."

Eric opened his mouth, but I saw Four rounding the corner headed towards us. "Is everything okay over here?"

Eric spun around all the soft kindless drained from his face. "Get your own life, Four. She's my sister and we were just talking." Eric put his arm around me and tried to push me away from Four.

Panic filled me as his fingers brushed against my shirt covering my back. My breathing became quicker as I remembered all the times he hurt me. Eric was so unpredictable. He could lash out at any moment and he has every reason to the way I've been yelling at him.

I stomped my foot as hard as I could smashing Eric's toes drawing a cry from him. "This conversation is over, Eric."

Four nodded for me to follow him and I did. Don't think I didn't see the anger building up in Eric as we walked away though. I saw how this ticked him off. I knew it wasn't just because I smashed his foot though. Eric hated Four. It all made sense. Eric was ticked every time Four was in the room.

I couldn't hide the smirk on my face. I had just found my first target to use against Eric. All I had to do was get Four wrapped around my finger and Eric would be off the hook. I knew that it wouldn't be hard with my manipulating skills. I could easily merge my personality to be exactly what Four wanted.