Chapter 3: the return of Eva

Chucks POV

I stepped outside to answer my phone once I noticed Eva was calling.

Chuck: Eva?
Eva: Chuck! Hello. I'm back in the United States for a short time and I wanted to know if you wanted to catch up?
Chuck: uh I'd like to but I'll have to check the calendar.
Eva: Great I leave Saturday
Chuck: Tomorrow?
Eva: no next Saturday
Chuck: ok bye

I hung up in complete shock, what would I tell Blair? She was the one who got rid of her in the first place! What if she takes this the wrong way? I am so scared.
My phone rang again.

Chuck: Hello.
Lily: as I'm guessing you know I got Bass inc.
Chuck: yes I'm aware
Lily: well I talked to the board and discussed about how I don't want to be in charge and just apart of the board like last time.
Chuck: And?
Lily: As the current head I have control over who runs it next, and I wanted to know if you had any interest of taking Bass inc. back?
Chuck: Really? I don't know last time I saw my dad he made it pretty clear I didn't do so well.
Lily: Well I saw how you handled it better and I'd love it if you would take over.
Chuck: If you believe in me then of course I'll take it back, when do I sign the papers?
Lily: whenever you want just make it soon.
Chuck: thank you so much Lily, bye

Lily hung up and both news surprised me... I walked back into the empire and went to the penthouse which was mine.

Blair was waiting and playing with Monkey, "what's up" she asked
"I have 2 things" I said "what are they?" She asked intrigued. "1. Eva's back in town and wants to met up and 2. Lily wants to give me back Bass inc."

She was shocked. "wait was was #1" she asked with a bit of jealousy "Eva is back in the U.S.A. and wants to met up for lunch." I said again "oh okay" she said "that's it?" I asked surprised "yes assuming she's going back and your going to tell her how she's little late to take you back." she said happily "yea" I said slowly still in shock of how well she's taking this

The next day me and Eva met up at the Oak Room while Serena and Blair went shopping. she left an hour and a half before me though.

Serena's POV

"what? No! You can't do that." I said to Blair. "yes we have to! Then we'll go shopping for hours. it'll take one hour!" She said pretty convincingly. "fine." I gave in "lets go over this one more time" she said getting ready to explain. "Right now it's 10:30 and Eva and Chuck met up at noon. so you call him making him leave the booth. while you walk by dropping your phone. then you take the mic out of your purse and place it under the seat. then you come back in the bathroom with me and we listen." she explained "and what if she goes to the back room?" Then we shut off the sound and go into a stall you crouch while standing on the toilet and I stand so she only sees one pair of feet." she also explained "wow you've really thought this out" I asked "yes"
She replied.

Chucks POV

It's now 11:45 and I'm leaving to met Eva at the Oak Room. I was wearing a suit like normal. Blair left her phone and they're was a text
From: Blair
Message: remember what we discussed. like to...
Sent at: 11:39
It wouldn't let me read more without Serenas password.. which I didn't have...

I figured it was nothing and went to The Oak Room at noon Eva was already waiting. "Chuck it's so good to see you again." she said with a smile "you too" I said back. then what do you know my phone goes off. "sorry I have to take this" and I walked out side.

Chuck: yes Blair
Blair: Hi
Chuck: what do you need
Blair: "did s e r e n a L e a v e h e r p h o n e A t T h e P a l a c e?" Which she had said really slow.
Chuck: yes why?
Blair just wondering gtg. shopping busy busy busy.

Then she hung up

Blairs POV

"Serena! did you do it?" I asked "yea" I turned on my laptop and it was all set up. I took out my ear buds. I gave one to Serena and I put the other one in my ear. It was perfect we could hear everything. "Chuck I missed you" Eva said. "I missed you too" he said back. "in sorry for leaving like I did" she apologized. "I understand you needed to go back to your old life" he said understandingly. "can't we make this work? I can stay." she said a bit desperately. " I have to tell you that me and Blair are married... and I love her." Chuck said.

I closed the laptop and toke out the ear buds "Serena. that's enough. we don't have to do this anymore.. I trust him. lets go shopping for real this time." I said "good girl. now how do we get out without him seeing us and getting the mic back" I asked " the window and I can just turn off the mic from here." I said

So we left and went shopping....