A Beautiful Discovery

Padmé Amidala carefully and slowly walks down to the medical center closest to her apartment. She has felt different the last couple of days. Different enough that her husband, Anakin Skwyalker, decided that it was time she go and figure out what was the matter. The morning rushes to the fresher have raised enough concern between the two of them that Anakin had mentioned that a visit to her private practitioner in the medical complex for government workers certainly wouldn't hurt. Padmé had scheduled an appointment that same day and was obtained one a week out from that day.

Besides, Padmé is really beginning to tire of these rushes to the fresher only to have her most recent meal revisit her in a most unpleasant matter. She's had her suspicions for sure but she doubts that they are true. She and Anakin have been apart from each other far too much for her suspicions to be true. Convincing her handmaidens that she is alright is also growing harder and harder to do.

Her gentle footsteps pad softly on the sidewalk as the busy speeder traffic whirs overhead, causing the young Senator to look up and marvel at the beauty of the high rises with the sun shining off of them. It feels so much like home to her. She honestly can't imagine her life without the sound of speeders moving through the city. She always loves it when Anakin takes on her on a drive in his speeder throughout the city as a date. The two of them just enjoying living life and pretending that they are normal citizens just like anyone else. Unfortunately, it's a charade that they can only keep up for so long. Some mission or meeting in the Senate will pull them back to the real world and eventually apart.

As she keeps walking and focuses back on her surroundings on the ground, she tries to press away the quiet rumblings of her stomach. These rumblings urge her to move a little faster. She approaches the tall glass door of the med center and gently pulls it open by the long metal handle. Entering the clean and cold facility, Padmé walks slowly up to the droid standing behind the reception desk.

"Senator Amidala," the droid says in a voice programmed that sounds mostly monotone, "a pleasure to see you. How may I help you today?"

"I need to see my doctor. I've been having bouts of sickness over the last couple of days and it would be nice to know if there's something I need to do about it," Padmé replies, trying her best to keep a positive attitude despite the overwhelming amount of nausea beginning to take over, "May I sit down? It really might be best."

"Of course. I will come and get you when your doctor is available. May you fill out a questionnaire about this sickness you are experiencing?" The medical droid asks gently, holding out a datapad to Padmé.

"I'll do my best but my sickness...." she starts before sprinting to the nearest fresher. The medical droid follows behind her and gently pulls her hair away from her face.

"I'll contact your doctor immediately," the droid says without an ounce of sympathy for Padmé in its voice.

"Thank you," Padmé squeaks out in return as she sits on the fresher floor holding her stomach. She massages it gently, trying to soothe it before it upsets again. The medical droid reenters the fresher to see the young Senator sitting back up and wiping the remnants of her episode off with a paper towel she found. She takes a deep breath and relaxes as the medical droid helps her to her feet.

"Please. Rise slowly, Senator. It is best to relax and heal when unwell," The medical droid says in what Padmé assumes to be an attempt at soothing voice. Not that it's working for her...at all. She clutches the droid's elbow and her own stomach at the same time, rubbing gentle circles all over it with her free hand. The medical droid leads her back over to one of the stiff backed chairs in the waiting room and helps Padmé sit down.