The Revealing of Alliances

A/N: More dialogue taken directly from a script from Revenge of the Sith. I don't own, so please don't sue. Also, the video is not my own. It is a deleted scene taken from Revenge of the Sith and belongs to the respective owners. I don't own, so please don't sue. Fair warning, this also probably the last of the happier chapters of this book for awhile so have some tissues nearby from here on out.

Padmé wakes up the next morning and calls her handmaidens. Just like the previous morning, this one is a flurry of activity

"Milady, Senator Organa is on the comm and wishes to speak with you," Moteé calls out.

"Tell him I'll be right there," Padmé calls back before turning to Ellé, "As far as I know, I'm not going to the Senate until later so I'm alright with wearing something a bit more casual for the time being."

"Of course, Milady," Ellé answers as she walks back to Padmé's closet.

"Moteé, I'll accept that call now," she says as Moteé approaches her with the commlink in hand. Padmé takes it and presses the button, "Good morning, Senator," she says.

"Good morning," Bail's cheery voice rings out from the comm and Padmé wonders why he is so chipper in the mornings, "I'm arranging for a meeting later on today. Would you be interested in coming?"

"Of course," Padmé answers, "In fact, I'm even willing to host since you hosted the meeting yesterday. Would it be alright if we had it at my apartment?"

"That sounds delightful," Bail says, "See you later..let's say at 1300?"

"Sounds perfect," Padmé replies, "I'll see you then." She disables the commlink just as Ellé and Dormé approach. Ellé holds her outfit for the day and Dormé simply wields the hairbrush. "Thank you," Padmé answers as she takes the dress and slips into the fresher. She quickly pulls it over her head when suddenly there's a knock on the door.

"I hate to rush you, but Master Kenobi is here," Sabé's voice rings out from the other side. Padmé nearly drops the dress that she's holding.

"I'll be right out," she answers and proceeds to slip the dark green dress over her head. It gently flows over her baby bump as she smooths it out and straightens out the hood in the back. She slides the door open and Dormé hurries toward her.

"Milady...your hair is in no shape to see a Jedi Master. I haven't put it in a hairstyle," she says as she tries to brush it out but Padmé hurries past her.

"Dormé, I'm sure everything will be fine," she says with a light laugh.

"But...."Dormé says, gesturing to the hairbrush. Padmé chuckles a little louder and sits down.

"It just needs brushed," she says with a soft chuckle. Dormé sits down behind her and quickly brushes it out.

"Pull your hood up. It will look nicer," she says and Padmé quickly pulls the hood up, leaving just a bit of the top of her head peeking out before she walks out to go see Obi-Wan Kenobi standing in her living room.

"Obi-Wan!" Padmé exclaims as soon as she sees him. She raises her arms and the two of them embrace.

"Hello, Padmé," he greets her as they hug, his hand gently rubs her back, "It is good to see you."

"It's wonderful to see you as well," Padmé replies, "You're welcome to take a seat on the couch if you like."

"Thank you," the Jedi Master says as he sits down on the nearest couch. Padmé takes a seat next to him and gently smooths out her skirt.