The Plight of Padmé Amidala and Anakin Skywalker

A/N: More dialogue used from Revenge of the Sith. I don't own, so you don't sue. Also....have the tissues handy because you're really gonna need them for this chapter. *sobs*

Padmé exits the speeder and makes a break right for her bedroom. She collapses onto the bed and starts to cry. The tears roll down her cheeks and sobs rack her body as the realization of everything that has happened comes to life. Placing her hands on her baby bump, she sobs quietly, mourning the loss of everything that she's once known. Or at least, it looks to be the loss of everything that she's once known.

There's still hope for Anakin.

Sabé enters the room and sits down on the bed next to Padmé. Padmé looks at her and can tell that her close friend is holding back tears of her own. She's not crying because she's trying to support Padmé.

"My Lady...." she says after a moment, "I'm so sorry." She reaches over and gently removes the hairpiece from Padmé's hair. Sabé struggles to make eye contact with Padmé as Padmé cries.

"I just can't believe that it's come to this," she says through her tears. She starts to sit up and dry her eyes. "I'm sorry you had to see that, Sabé," she apologizes.

"No," Sabé replies, "This is going to be very hard for all of us. No one that works for you wanted this to happen."

"It just.....every single Senator saw it coming and yet it's just like we didn't know what to do. We were powerless to stop it," Padmé reminisces, "I have no idea what to do next but I really don't think the Jedi tried to rebel. You heard Zaja earlier."

"I did," Sabé agrees, "And I agree with you but even she doesn't understand the full scope of the situation, Padmé."

"I know," Padmé says, "I just wish we could find someone who does. I'm afraid of what could have happened to Anakin. Palpatine has Anakin following his lead very closely and I don't like that. I have hope that Anakin can walk away from him and restore democracy and peace to the galaxy. But I'm afraid of what achieving that hope could cost him."

"I don't know what to tell you about that, Padmé. You can't help wanting the best for someone you love," she states. Padmé nods her head in agreement.

"I'm waiting for him to come home and then we'll figure out whatever happens next," Padmé explains, "May I have my robe to change back into while I wait for him?"

"Of course. I'll have Dormé come help with your hair," Sabé says. She walks out of the room and reenters a minute later with Dormé at her side and the outfit Padmé wanted.

"Thank you," Padmé says, taking the outfit into the fresher. She slips on the lavender under dress before reentering the bedroom. Sabé helps slip the robe-like piece on over it since Padmé is more upset now than she was earlier and doesn't really want to do that herself.

"Here, My Lady. We can put your hair back in the design it was in earlier," Dormé says. She takes out Padmé's bun and slowly starts to brush it out. "I'm so sorry about what's happened with the Senate. Are you planning on staying in office?"

"It's the only way I think we're going to be able to make a difference at this point," Padmé informs her, "If I leave the Senate, Naboo has no voice in the Empire." She shudders at the word. Dormé starts to put Padmé's hair in the various rings and hair pieces. She finishes it with a flourish.

"There you are, My Lady. Now you just rest well until Anakin...." Dormé starts to instruct but Ellé bursts in.

"My Lady! There's someone here to see you. 3P0 is greeting him," Ellé informs Padmé, "I'm so sorry to interrupt."