十一

██████████

██████████

A Snippet — mashikyu!

██████████

sequel to backstreet.

HE ALWAYS HAD IT IN HIM FROM THE BEGINNING, he always did. Everyone could see it, most of the time both of their leaders were in full hands. It wasn't any surprise when Hyunsuk and Jihoon were pointed as leaders and took their jobs seriously right away, and gave it all their best. For their group, for every member, for themselves. Those restless nights where they both would stay up late for some relevant discussions they needed to share only between the pair, locking themselves in the studio. Along with those times where they would sacrifice themselves for another part of their group, whether it be accompany them somewhere or lose their weekend.

He knew one person who helped them out tremendously, willingly but not very openly. Junkyu would catch him from a distance, scolding Jeongwoo, who still hasn't abandoned his terrible habit of biting his nail in front of cameras, flicking the younger's nose with his fingers. Elated cheers would shoot out of the small male, even when the rest of the boys would be down on the hard bleak floor after their labouring hours of repeating the same choreo. The endless spirit still burning inside him, lighting a spark in the rest of the band. Not to mention the time the Japanese male traveled from one dorm to another, just so everyone's fridge was polished clean, like as tasked by their manager. If the assignment wasn't seized yet, he would bolster in.

Mashiho played such an important role in their group, and that made Junkyu extra proud of his precious boyfriend.

Whenever Junkyu overrun himself in landslides of thick brainstorms, he would always come up to one conclusion. Takata Mashiho just had a big fat heart. He was very attentive, to those who needed attention and even those who hide away from being entangled. It was naturally in him, Yoshi would say, as he had always been the biggest cheerleader in their group from Japan, emotionally and physically. He lived everyday to the fullest, being beyond the kindle gesture anyone can ever be. He was an angel, definitely Junkyu's angel.

Nevertheless, the course of true love never did run smooth (Junkyu had always believed Mashiho is his true love). Junkyu for the past weeks, or maybe a month he had counted on his calendar, was distraught. Mashiho was generous, and he loved all his members dearly. But now, it was as if Junkyu was nothing to him, just a simple news that blared every morning from the TV, nothing to take account of. In their breaks, like usual he would ask if he wanted to stop by the convenient store with him, but Mashiho rejected and said he had a promise with Junghwan. There was also a time where he offered to get something at the cafeteria together, his boyfriend exhibited him a wrapped sandwich while tilting his head to Yedam, striking out laughs beside him. In practise, he would bring over a water bottle for him, he stopped in his tracks right away, just staring at the smaller male jugging down water, with Doyoung dabbing the sweat that dribbled on his temple.