✩彡

✩彡

██████████

At Dusk — mashikyu!

██████████

RUNNING HIS FINGERS on the metal rail of the fence, Junkyu continued to briefly walk on the pathway, feeling the breeze brush against his dark mop of hair and frequently graze his cold cheeks. A smaller male then called for him, not far from where he was, leading them from the side of the street. 

"Junkyu hyung, hurry up! Before the seats are taken!"

The infamous willow 52 street had always been something to be proud of. She curved near the edge of an upright cliff, not too steep but high enough for the birds above to feel more nearby. A telephone tower soared above, not far off before the small hill, making it a signature structure, while a few cars drove by, almost too serenely on the typical late evening. Junkyu decided to pick up his pace, and walked closer to the other, tugging on the hem of his outer layer of uniform and heaved a silent sigh.

He had settled his petite body on the bench, his backpack still on his shoulders. The older on the other hand slipped off his bag, and placed it on the leg of the seat. 

Takata Mashiho was his name. A high school student, hair as dark as mahogany, skin not so white but as fair as charming, similar to how he was really. Their height came into their differences, as well as classes, Junkyu was in his last year of highschool while the younger was a grade lower. 

But another thing that made Mashiho different from anyone else including himself were his eyes. His beautiful round eyes. 

They were like any other milky chestnut colour, not too dark, not too light. But certainly, Mashiho's eyes had a special spark to them, as if the stars from the late night would hide behind the pair, making them glimmer with an ethereal wave. 

How could Junkyu not stare at them, like how he was now. 

He blinked off his lids as Mashiho's eyes seemed to round off, enlarging by the second. Junkyu followed his sight, to find the scenery in front of him.  

The ball of fire in the distance glowed, as it started to sink down into the horizon, painting the broad endless sky in a sweet apricot, a darker shade of magenta, then an elegant lavender and lastly a haul of sapphire blue. Bundles of the flossy clouds sailed off, as the moon started to appear itself with the twinkling stars. Just splendid.

As tiring as everyday was for him, he would silently say he loved the dull routine he had. Even if it was repetitive, he enjoyed getting up in the morning, maybe only to see Mashiho, and they would take the bus together to school. Then lunch with his group of friends, just the usual them on the table furthest outside the school building at the back, and then go home with the small Japanese male still by his side. They both always walked home, the two just preferred it that way. To get to see the stunning blush sunset was just a bonus to him, because Mashiho was there with him.