YoU MaybE: II

Kane

Kane

The next morning I sluggishly got out of bed to find all my siblings in the living room gossiping about the new neighbor. Well my sisters were, while my brothers tried not to pay any attention to them. My cousins and i grew up in the same house so yeah they my brothers. I never felt like an only son because of them.

Armani was cool. We been tight our entire lives, and he would always remind me that he was who he was on the streets so Damani and i could have a choice. He was the best big brother anyone could ever ask for.

Damani however is a moronic piece of shit who had an imaginary beaf with me. All three of us were tight growing up, but all of a sudden my little brother started acting like a little bitch. Lying and saying I did shit I ain't did. Trying to set me up on different occasions, and picking stupid fights with me just because. I don't know what the fuck his problem was, but I'mma keep beating his ass till he leave me the fuck alone.
I mean I still love him, and I'm defo pulling up on anyone who fuck with him, but he a bozo.

Aight, back to the story.

Immediately Keandra saw me her smile faded, guess she was still mad at me.

"Those lips though, Lord he is so fineeee!" My sister Kerry exclaimed, neurotically.

"I saw him first, back off!" Kamala declared, making me roll my eyes.

"Ain't he a minor?" Keandra chimed in. "Y'all thirsty bitches bout to go to jail."

"Girl shut up! Who asked you?" Kerry and Kamala bit Keandra's head off, then they all started arguing.

Yeah it was definitely my cue to dip. I had to take KJ to daycare before going to work, but not before I cleared something up first. "Can we talk?" I asked Keandra.

She rolled her eyes, then got up and followed me outside. "I'm sorry about the other night, I shouldn't have embarrassed you like that. That nígga still a bitch though." I told her soon as we got out on the porch

She grinned and shook her head. "You still suck at apologizing, but okay." She replied then hugged me. "It's hard being mad at you!" She added, squeezing life outta me.

I laughed at her dramatics, before pulling her away enough to speak my mind. "I want you to want more for yourself though. That nígga ain't it. I can't tell you the shit he was talking, but you need to avoid him. I don't wanna go to jail." I said the last part with a chuckle, but she knew what I was talking about.

Keandra looked up at me sadly, then nodded. "Okay." She said.

Everybody and they mama knew I did not play about my family, the few times I had got arrested was behind my sisters. I was quiet to a fault, but the fastest way to hear me was to come for one of mine. I don't play that.

At nineteen, Keandra was two years older than I was, and in college. But she had always had a self esteem issue which I found crazy, cos she was beautiful inside and out, and I ain even saying that because I'm biased. I just wished she'd stop letting these nobodies disrespect her like that.