Chapter 8: Staffroom

With his discovery of zombies having thermoception, a lot of his doubts disappear. Like the time in anime, where Miyamoto Rei was targeted by the zombified teacher, Wakisaka.

It could clearly be seen that she was silent, yet the zombie walked and aimed at her for no reason. But if the zombie has thermoception, then it explains why.

Another example is the incident of Ichijou Misuzu betraying her very close friend, Niki Toshimi. After she kicked her friend, she was completely silent while Niki Toshimi screamed loudly. But who were the zombies targeting?

Was it Niki Toshimi who screamed very loudly or was it the silent Ichijo Misuzu who were very close to them?

It was Ichijo Misuzu!

Walking down the stairs, the trio didn't encounter any zombies, which really made him a little disappointed.

On the way down the roof, Miyamoto Rei explained to him that their staffroom is in another building. If they want to get there, they either need to walk through buildings or walk across the school ground.

"I propose we go through the school ground. When fighting the zombies on the roof, I found the zombies have developed a sense of heat and it looks like the sun rays can reduce the effectiveness of the zombies' heat sensor," Sato proposed.

Miyamoto nodded. She was full of trust in Ye Sato.

Komuro Takashi, on the other hand, didn't trust him and questioned, "There are fewer zombies in the building and we should be able to handle them all. We can already see how many zombies there are outside, it's too dangerous if we are surrounded."

"First question, how do you know there are fewer zombies inside the building? Don't tell me it's your guess, because I don't want to lay our life on some lucks. The second question, do you think there's more space inside the building or more space outside?" Ye Sato questioned.

"I—" Komuro Takashi wanted to insist on his opinions.

Not giving him a chance to say a word, he continued, "We have a better vision range outside, which will make it possible to plan a step ahead. I know that limited space can also block zombies, but it's more of a disadvantage for us than for the zombies. Third question, do you have a plan or did you plan to recklessly charge ahead?"

Komuro Takashi didn't know how to answer the two first questions, but he knew the third one, "I don't have a plan, but do you have one? If after talking so much and there's no plan, what's the use?"

Hehe, stupid Takashi. If you just keep quiet then everything would be fine.

The first time doubting me was fine since it's completely normal. But why did you come and ask me if I had a plan?

You are really forcing me to slap your face even when I don't want to.

"Who said I don't have a plan? Do you think I said all these things just to waste my saliva? Do you think I am a muscle head like you?" said Ye Sato.

Miyamoto Rei also agreed with Ye Sato, "Takashi, just listen to Ye-san. He's always right."

Komuro Takashi felt his pride hurt. And it especially does when Rei talks for Ye Sato.

Because she said Ye Sato is always right, Takashi felt like she indirectly said that he is always wrong and will never be better than Ye Sato.

How could Takashi just accept it without a fight?

"So you have a plan? How about you share it with us? Let us listen to your 'wonderful' plan?" He said provokingly.

Oh, Komuro Takashi, why do you have to do this?