Chapter One

The night was silent as a Magic Knight walked along the empty streets of the Noble Realm. They were heading back from a long day off, they had a bag of things they bought and they walked lazily down the street. Yet, he turned around feeling a strange presence. However, he felt no mana so he must have been imagining things. He started to walk again but there was a strange feeling in his gut. He was about to take out his grimoire. Yet a gloved hand stopped it and a hand pressed over his mouth. He felt a strange energy wash over him. He felt weak for a moment but broke out of his attacker's hold.

He turned around and opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. He blinked in surprise and then looked up at his attacker. A tall figure wearing strange clothes. That covered all of their body. "Now. Now." They said. "This is nothing personal but I am going to need you to die."

Before he could even use a spell he did not need words for this person used a dagger to stab him in the neck. They dropped down and swiped under him and he fell to the ground. He would have grunted in pain but still, his voice was just gone. The dagger was removed and he looked up at this figure. He noticed that energy was gathering around their arm and took a form of claws. "Die." They said and they ran their hand into his chest and ripped out his heart.

They gave a sigh as she stood and said, "Here I thought that killing Magic Knights will be a challenge, but this is all too easy." They stepped over the body and walked over to a hooded figure who waited for them

"So...we doing this again tomorrow night?" They asked as they both began walking down the street.

"No. He wants us to wait and watch how they react," they replied. "We will strike again once he orders."

"Alright," They replied with a sigh as the two suddenly vanished as they walked.

***

The captain's all were sitting at the urgent meeting that was called by the Wizard King. There was a deadly silence that hung over the place after the Wizard King was finished speaking. The two who were the most silent was Nozel Silva captain of the Silver Eagles and Fuegoleon Vermillion captain of the Crimson Lions.

"How can some sneak into the Noble Realm without being noticed by anyone and kill two magic knights. One in his own room." Asked Charlotte.

"We do not know but I want all of you to make sure all your knights are careful and have someone keeping watch at your bases at all times now." He said. "Also...Fuegoleon. Nozel. I do not want you two or your squads to look into this matter. All of you will be too close to the matter."

"Yes. Sir." They both said. They both had a dark look on their face though but it was understandable. Both of them had squad members that were killed...both of them were brutal. They both felt pain while they died.

The Wizard King then looked at William Vangeance and said, "Vangeance. I want you and your squad to look into this matter. If anyone happens to hear or stubble across anything about this matter go to him intently. We can not let this happen again."

"Of course sir," William replied.

"Lastly. If you do find who did this at least try to take them alive. We want to find out why they did this and why...they both had their hearts missing." He added feeling a great deal of pain for two of his captains who tensed when they were reminded of that.

The meeting was dismissed and the captains started to leave. "Do not worry," William said looking at both Fuegoleon and Nozel. "I will find who did this."

Fuegoleon nodded and thanked him. However, Nozel just left before anyone could say anything more to him. He wanted more than anything to find who did this to one of his squad. It was unforgivable. He stopped and to regain control over his emotions, he felt too much rage and bitterness right now. The man who was killed was of nobility, he was skilled, and he was a good man. He took a breath and started to walk again.

From the rooftops, a person smiled and said, "That was an interesting expression he made. This gives me a few ideas for our next steps."

"What are your next orders, sir?" Asked a male standing next to him.

They sat back closing their eyes to think. "Tonight they'll be setting a trap for the assassin. Fall into it and show them your skill without your magic. Give them a warning when battling them. Do not kill them. Just make sure they'll not be able to fight for a week or a bit more."

"Yes, sir. Anything else?" He asked.

"Yes, do not fight them for so long. Just fight till they are mostly down." They replied.

"Of course sir," He said.

"Kane. Be careful." They said.

"I will sir," Kane said bowing his head.

"Very good, now you are in charge of the others until tonight. I shall be back later." They said and vanished from his spot. Kane just turned and walked back to where the others are.

That night Alecdora Sandler walked alone through the streets of the Nobel Realm. He was on high alert and turned to look at any sound or anything change in the mana he felt. He stopped as he felt a strange presence he turned around but no one was there and he then felt the person behind him. He jumped back and said, "We knew you'll take the bate." After he said this vines grew out of the ground and wrapped around the figure. William Vangeance walked out and said, "Now. We have some questions that you will answer."

"Impressive plan but easily predicted." He spoke calmly. He moved his hand slightly and a dagger came out of his sleeves. He cut vines holding him and jumped back pulling out his sword. He stood straight with his sword drawn and dagger in one hand. He looked at both William and Alecdora, after a moment he charged at them. Alecdora launched an attack but he dodged it with great ease. William used a spell but that was blocked and the attacker cut Alecdora's arm with his sword. He jumped back holding his arm. This is what happened repetitively. They launched attacks and the attacker dodged them with ease and the stranger still when William used a spell on him. Nothing happened. He was able to knock Alecdora out and then turned his attention to William. The attacker jumped back as another spell was launched at him.

He then ran forward attacking William and instead of using a killing blow, the attacker sliced his mask in half. Then kicked him down and placed his sword under his neck and said, "Know this. Even if you did capture, I shall kill myself before betraying my boss but you fought with honor so I shall tell you a word of advice. Keep your eyes on your friends Nozel Silva and Fuegoleon Vermillion. It is not a coincidence that only members of their squad were targeted."

After he finished speaking he vanished before William's eyes, William grabbed his arm and fell back against the wall. He did bring other Golden Dawn members for this trap but he must have knocked them out before this attack. Whoever these people were, they were skilled but the oddest part was...this man. Used no magic in their fight. William could not keep his eyes open any longer and passed out as he heard people coming to help them.