bothered

in which you have a thing for your work friend spencer, and he is well aware of it. he uses it to his sneaky advantage, actually- and it's driving you nuts.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

he's really getting on your nerves.
you like to think of yourself as a calm and collected person- someone who can keep cool. you don't lose your head or get upset, not in front of others. but this endless teasing, this childish banter, this ridiculously unprofessional behavior he's exhibiting is driving you up the wall. who can blame you? with a face like that, there's no way to avoid getting all worked up.

     oh, and the things he'd say to you. the comments were layered so thick with tension that you almost didn't know how to react. as chill as you acted, there was no getting around the blush that burned your skin.
he isn't even that attractive, you'd repeat in your head like a sacred mantra, hoping that maybe the repetition would make it true. but oh, how untrue it was; every silly boy you loved, every pop culture figure that made your chest flutter, none of the romanticized scenarios in your head could've dreamt up something as pretty as doctor spencer reid. his bedroom eyes encircled in an exhausted ring of sleep, his shit-eating grin that followed every snide remark he spilled, his gravelly voice that greets you at the elevator every morning. spencer had this attitude that made you competitive; it made you want to beat his smarts to the punch. his big hands were calloused and intriguing, and his lips were always chapped, but dear lord, how you wanted to kiss them anyway- just to know if he really did taste like stale coffee, how you'd imagined he would.

     the doctor knows how tightly you're wrapped around his finger. he knows that you think about him, and how breaking rules makes you freak out. he knows it all, but he won't do anything about it. he's put that ball in your court and now you hold it tightly, too terrified to throw it back.
     you've never been one to be brash or irritable, but he is not your normal encounter.

     "you've been staring off into space with an angry look on your face for 3 minutes and 24 seconds, you know. can i ask what's got you so worked up?"

     you jumped a bit in your chair, rattling the wheels. shaking your head curtly, you answered, "have you been watching me?"

     "oh, sure. i watch you all the time." spencer smirked.

     a cough to clear your closing throat surfaced before you continued. "you're a creep."

     "you're just nice to look at, that's all." he smiled sugary sweet, resting his chin in his hand. "i like to try and assess you to figure out what you're thinking. you're very hard to read."

     "isn't that our job, spence?"

     "i guess so."

     "keep profiling me and you'll get smacked," you growled, feeling quite flustered by the heat behind your cheeks. you can't let people see you like this, all agitated! what would they think?

     "ouch. you're feisty today," spencer winked.

     "i swear to god, spencer-"

     he huffed a small lock of tawny brown hair out of his line of sight before mumbling, "you swear?"

     the anger bubbled inside you in a toxic cocktail of frustration and enjoyment. he teases, he prods, he pokes at your ego, and he gets it right every goddamn time. why must he be so insufferable?

     "what are you gonna do, huh? hurt me?" he leaned in over your shared desk divider, squinting like it was a test and your answer was crucial to the grade.

     "a pen isn't a conventional weapon, but i swear to god i will lodge this thing in the side of your neck if you don't stop!" you hissed, pursing your lips and clenching the blue ink pen in your sweaty palm. you begged silently for the roses in your cheeks to die, because he so clearly was enjoying this torture you're enduring.

     "that's pretty hot."

     with a final sigh, you shivered and stood up from your chair in a frenzy. storming away to the kitchen, he watched as you walked away, all the while chuckling like the devil. he really liked seeing you bothered, that goddamn doctor.

     never in your life have you hated someone as much as you hate spencer reid. he could disappear, for all you care- but both of you, despite the problems he creates, know that you don't want that.

god, why do you always fall for the assholes? and why are they always so hot?

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

     i apologize for being horny. hope u enjoyed.

  - Founder of Horny Bitches Hours,
somethingheavenknows