thunderstorm

in which you're petrified of thunderstorms, and spencer... distracts you from the sounds.

     content warning: just ~steamy~. nothing more, nothing less. enough to leave the ending to your imagination, i suppose.

————

————

     you let out an audible groan as the cocky newscaster announced the heavy storm rumbling in your direction for the night.

"seriously? oh, c'mon," you whined, clicking off the television in a quick moment of aggression, "goddamnit."

for as long as you could remember, you were terrified of storms during the night. rain could fall like heavy waves all day long and you'd be just fine, but the second a thunderclap in a dark sky shakes you in your bed, you're done for. and lucky you, the storm is predicted to wash the town all night long.

you stood up from the old, rickety couch in your tiny apartment; wiggling your toes through the fuzzy lining of your socks, you trotted over to the kitchen for a cup of tea. reaching the box of chai in the overhead cabinet, you turn on the stove burner and began to boil the kettle you always keep full of water, and you placed a teabag into an old mug your mother had bought you too many christmases ago.
     you had forgotten about the dreadful night ahead of you for just a moment, but as the tea kettle screamed, the indigo night sky answered its call with a ear-shattering smack of thunder. you jumped in shock with an embarrassingly loud squeak of fear, placing down the freshly poured mug of hot tea with a shaky hand. breathing slowly, you tried to calm yourself, but the sky clapped again, sending a second round of waves through your body.
     realizing you probably won't get through the night like this, you swallowed your pride and picked up the phone.

you and spencer have only been together about a month, and he knows most things about you already purely because of his insatiable need for knowledge- but he does not know about your fear of thunderstorms, and as the dial tone rang, you were begging whatever omnipotent asshole that was playing bowling in the clouds to please let spencer not think less of you for it.

"hey, babe."

"h- um, hi, spence,"

"you sound nervous. is everything okay?" he inquired softly. just the sound of his voice was enough to ease your racing nervous for a moment.

"well, you see, i just... y'know, i- agh!" mother nature was quite fed up with your stuttering, it seemed, so she interrupted you with another strike of merciless thunder, and all you got in return was a stifled chuckle on the other end of the call. "please don't laugh, spence!"

"baby, are you scared of the thunder?"

"yes, yes i am, and i- i kind of can't be alone right now, is it okay if maybe y- gah! shit!"