Prologue

The sun shines brightly outside, no clouds for miles and not the slightest breeze. Children run around the park, all between 2 and 7, with their parents watching closely in a playground connected to a set of plats. They climb up the jungle-jim and chase each other, colourful masks the only form of protection. The laughter and smiles only adds to the splendid day. Most people stare at the children in jealousy, not being able to set a foot outside or go to the beach that's only about two or three kilometres away. One family in particular is waiting patiently to scold two members.

In an apartment on the fourth floor of an old building lives a small family. The building itself is a stained white, dirt ruining the once milky colour, a few of its windows are broken and all in all seems forgotten. The only proof that anyone lives there is the lush garden surrounding it. Patches of flowers and green grass that looks out of place against the crumbling structure, but the residents adore it.
Now in room 16 sit three people, one just getting out of bed after a short nap.

You groan as a few rays of sunlight peep through the dark curtains, trying in vain to escape the light. You knew you shouldn't have started drawing at 2 in the morning but nooo, you just had to have a flipping amazing idea in the middle of the night. The worst part was that Zioni, of all people, was also up and making a clay fox. You both worked a good four hours before hitting the sack, you knowing you're going to regret it.

Which you do

You eventually give up on more sleep and get up, grumbelng the whole way to the kitchen not forgetting to grab your ipad on the way. Your fluffy white bunny slippers on and a huge hoodie you don't remember putting on are all you wear, along with a very short pair of pyjama shorts. You feel like your body ways a ton, the shear effort to dag yourself out your room feels infinite. Just as you get to the kitchen you notice a very familiar girl sitting in font of the counter. Chocolate brown skin shining in the morning sun and long dreadlocks tangled together. Forest green eyes stare at you with a desperate plead you know must be answered. You take a second to notice her nose piercing is still in. 

With a sigh of defeat you head to the kettle, preparing a cup of coffee and earl grey tea. You have never been a real coffee person, the taste just puts you off. You still drink it though, energy is needed to create art. And Harry wouldn't allow you to have a monster everyday.

"You alive there, Zioni?" you ask followed by a yawn, pouring the steaming hot water into two cups. The 23 year old behind you groans uncomfortably, followed by a loud bang which you guess is her forehead against the table.

"I swear if I make it through this Lockdown I'll get a real job and never touch clay again." her sweet voice wakes you up a bit more, a chuckle slipping by your lips at the lie.

"At least we're together and safe. Plus we have more time to work on our businesses." you reply. You own a small arty business, selling whatever you make to get a bit of income. Pins, prints of your work and stickers make up most of your profit. The concessional commission but you've learnt to avoid them after a few . . . interesting requests.
Zioni has a small pottery one, making sculptures of animals and weird creatures as well as jewellery and mugs.

"If it weren't for TikTok we'd be homeless." she chuckles, finally deciding to get up and go to the lounge where you know Ben is waiting, "I'll go in first, take the brunt of the force this time. I did wake you up after all."

"Yup. Rest in peace, dear sister." you say as you finish up the warm beverages. With a heavy sigh she walks away, soon followed by a high pitched scream and the sound of a body hitting the floor.

"Seems Lilly's up." you laugh to yourself. Carefully taking both cups in hand you walk to the TV room, almost burning yourself in the process. There laying by the couch is a exhausted Zioni, a little bundle of joy jumping happily on her stomach. She's six with long black hair that is currently tied into a messy bun. Her crystal blue eyes suddenly land on you, a cheeky smile stretch across her face.