Gogo comes around

Harry nearly has a panic attack at the news his boss just told him. It was in fact the lab he worked at that detected the strange anomaly and made connection with T'Challa. He was in charge of monitoring three different stations, each actually very interesting to listen to and one he was convinced John Jonah Jameson, Spiderman and the Hulk were mentioned a lot. The other two seemed fairly normal except for one mention of the god of thunder and the avengers. But the news hits him like a brick wall. Having watched a few movies and read a few comics he knows that in the worlds current state everyone is in danger. They'd have to send tanks to protect the innocent, then again they did locate three powerful heroes. Hopefully they'll  help.

He goes to the lounge where he sees Zioni sitting down with her cold cup of coffee and you pacing back and forth with Lilly happily watching her show. As soon as he's in earshot he hears you mumbling to yourself, talking about possibilities of what villains are here and at one point heard Thanos. Now that would be bad.

He sits down, head in hands. He should have known, he should have told you all but he didn't believe it at the time. He thought they may have tapped into some kind of fan radio station or TV shows. But there was a small part of him that thought it was possible. Now he regrets taking the job.

Ben, after what felt like an hour, comes out of the room with his phone in hand. He instantly notices his partners distress and gives him a hug, holding him close as you continue your pacing.
You are freaking out. Hundreds if not thousands of super powered or even just dangerous individuals could be in your world, one where there's flipping covid and you're on Lockdown - AGAIN! Even the simplest villain there that the heroes could beat easily are deadly here, no one has the technology to fight them or the research and there's all the protests and - AHHHH! WHY OF ALL YEARS DID THEY HAVE TO COME NOW? New year was barely two weeks ago and already covid had been spiking up, why did it have to be during the pandemic?

Lilly is still confused about what is happening, did someone die? Did Cyril say she had to do more home school? Did Harry get premotad - prometed - she doesn't remember the word.

"Welp. I'm jealous of Americans." Zioni says out of nowhere. You stare at her, confused and just what? She smiles shakily, "They've got guns." And indeed in South Africa everyone other than those who have a firearm license or military of any sort, police included, cannot own a gun. So the average household doesn't have a gun. Including yours.

"Zioni." Harry says, voice cracking, "Please, just not now."

Suddenly there's a knock at the door, seizing the opportunity to escape the slight tensions and panic you make a path to it. The knocking continues in a familiar rhythm until you open it, coming face to face with your bronze eyed neighbour.

"Hi Gogo (pronounced g-o-g-o. Means grandmother) can I help yo-" the dark skinned woman shushes you with a hug. Ever since you moved here six years ago she has been there for you all. She insisted that you call her Gogo, having three grandchildren she looks after due to her one daughter working overseas as a carer. She's a bit chubby and wears bright traditional coloured clothes with her hair always hidden inside a bandanna. Right now she's wearing her green and blue patterned dress. Her real name if Nonhle which means beautiful in Xhosa. And she is. She has this aura around her that makes you want to smile, laugh in pure joy and talk to her for hours. She is the happiest and kindest person you have ever met, always willing to lend a hand and help.

She comes into the house, looking at each of you individually with a stern expression before shooing you into the room, "Eish, you all look like ghosts! Y/n go get dressed and get shoes, you are going for a walk." she says in he thick Xhosa accent you are about to protest until you see her cross her arms. 

Yeah, you'll choose life.

Speed walking to the room you grab a random T-shirt with Deadpool's symbol on it and a pair of denim pants. You grab your black material mask and head back to see Gogo scolding Zioni about something. The second she notices you she goes from absolutely terrifying to the caring, nurturing woman you loves. She smiles and comes over to you hugging you and pushing you out the door.