Chapter Eight

A small girl with bright yellow hair covered by a straw hat stared with tears in her eyes as she watched the boy, she admires leave town. She was happy for him, so happy that he was escaping the hell that confined him here. But she'd miss him, during the two years before she could go find him again, tell him that he had never been alone during his time in this cursed town.

She jumped a bit as she felt someone place their hand on her shoulder, and the concerned voice of its owner, "Yellow, dear. Why are you here so early in the morning your parents will be worried?"

Yellow forced an apologetic smile on her face thinking about her parents, "I wanted to see the one I admire, one more time before they go off to see the world."

The brunette smiled softly at her words, "I see you have always had a great admiration for Leaf."

Yellow merely nodded her head, even if the woman was wrong. While she was sure Delia Ketchum could have been a kind and loving woman in another life, she wasn't so foolish to think that the one in her current reality was. She knew the truth. The truth of how she treated her son.

It was a secret she had been forced to keep as Delia was kind to everyone but her own child, her parents were close friends with the woman as well leaving no one to believe her. Her gaze drifted over to Daisy Oak. Turning to look up at Delia she asked with a hopeful gaze, "Mrs. Ketchum," she hide the glee she get as the woman cringed at the word, her husband's last name, "do you think Mrs. Daisy would be okay with teaching me how to take care of Pokémon? I want to be a doctor when I'm older!"

Delia smiled and patted the hopeful girl's cheek, "Now Yellow, I've told you, you can just call me Delia or Mrs. Delia." When she got a nod in return her smile grew wider, she loved how cute and obedient children were but she did notice the fear in the girls eyes she wondered why the girl was afraid of her but then again she'd heard from her parents that Yellow was very shy. "I'm sure Daisy wouldn't mind taking you in to learn. Why don't I come with you and ask? If she says yes I'll leave you with her and inform your parents for you."

"Yay!" Yellow cheered. Daisy had only returned recently about a year ago. A month or so after Yellow had watched Gary unknowingly doom Ash—no Satoshi—to another period in the depths of hell. She hide her hateful thoughts toward Gary, as she took Delia's hand nearly flinching at the practically unnoticeable bit of blood under them. She should've known that the woman wouldn't let him go without hurting him a bit.

"Daisy! Would you wait a moment Yellow and I were hoping to ask you something!" Delia's shouted toward the pretty brunette that looked similar to Gary but whose attitude was nowhere near her arrogant brother's. Delia would always sigh at how the beautiful girl had zero interest in having a family of her own, another casualty to the obsession with Pokémon.

Daisy smiled at them nodding in confirmation as they made their way towards her through the crowd gathered around the stupid Gary Oak. Allowing Delia to pull her along Yellow pondered about what to reveal, if she could, to the talented female Oak.

Yellow was brought back to reality when Delia gave her hand a reassuring squeeze. Looking up she found Daisy smiling down at her and she gathered her courage, "Mrs. Daisy, would you take me in as an apprentice and teach me how to be a doctor?"

The twenty year old smiled brightly at her words, "I'd love to teach you, Yellow! Why don't you go tell your parents first and come over later so we can start the lessons?"

Yellow nodded excitedly. Delia laughing, "It's fine if she goes with you now. I'm heading over to her parents so I'll inform them."

With a pause Daisy nodded her head and stretched out a hand for her to take, "Well let's go then! Thanks Delia! And Don't take little Ashy leaving to hard, I think he'd want you to be happy!"