two - dreamnotfound

fluff!!
———

"where are we going, dream?" the small brit asked. he was told to be ready for dream 20 minutes ago and now dream has him wandering around a weird forest which he did not enjoy.

"you'll see george"

george huffed, he didn't like surprises, it made him nervous. dream knew that also, but dream also knew george would like this surprise.

"i can carry you?" dream suggested, making the brunette nod. dream got on one knee and let his boyfriend get on his back. george smiled as dream held his legs.

george played with his hair, the blonde smiling at how easily distracted george can be. george hummed as he twisted dreams hair and let it go.

dream continued to carry george through the forest. his legs getting tired but didn't want to make george walk. finally when he had enough george offered to get down, dream letting him walk the rest of the way.

"this is how we spend our 1 year anniversary dream? are you going to kill me?"

"shut up george" dream smirked, "maybe i'm making you run off with me, so i can keep you all to myself"

"i wouldn't mind that," he looked at dream, giving him a small smile. dream laughed and grabbed his hand.

dream saw where they needed to be, smiling to himself. he became nervous, he loved george. he wanted george to know about it. he took george to the hill, pushing away tree branches and bushes.

"remember when i took you here for our first date? but i didn't.. make you walk through all this" george turned away from dream as his eyes lit up. it was the same hill dream took him to watch the stars. they're first date was actually here.

"i do.. i won't forget it," george started, "but why would you make us walk all this way?"

dream let out a shaky breath, his hands fidgeting with the box he took out from his pocket.

"so i could distract you" he said

"from what?" dream wanted to laugh at how the brit said what but he couldn't after he turned around, noticing the box in dreams hand. george panicked.

"d-dream!" he backed up

"no no don't worry i'm not proposing, it's not that. it's only been a year." dream reassured. he knew george would never say yes if it's only been a year, no matter how much he loved george or how much george loved dream. it was just who he is.

"it's a promise ring, george" dream smiled he saw the panic fade from george's eyes.

"a promise ring?"

he opened the box and showed george. it was pretty, so pretty. george felt like he wanted to cry. dream spoiled him, but dream has never got him anything like this.

george couldn't help but giggle and dream helped him put the ring on and kiss his forehead.

dream spoke up, he could tell dream was nervous, he smiled to reassure dream.

"george, i promise no matter what happens to us i'll always be here for you and i'll help you through anything until the day i die. your my best friend and i promise to protect you with my entire life. i love you a lot and i want to be with you for the rest of my life. can i promise to marry you some day?" george was on the verge of tears, he laughed at dream question before answering.

"of course dream, of course."

"then i promise one day i'll be your husband"

dream grabbed his hand, their fingers intertwining. george looked down and saw the ring, which set off the tears he was holding back.

"don't cry! please!" dream wiped his tears. george smiled

"they're happy tears"

"promise?"

"i promise"

dream kissed his boyfriend, george never got over the fire works and butterflies that he would feel when they kissed, they never left or faded. they might've gotten worse. every time they kissed george felt the world fade away.

it was just him and dream. and that's how he wanted it to be.

"i love you, george"

"i love you too, dream"