ten - dreamnap

dream and sapnap meet after a break up and they haven't seen eachother in a year

dream is shorter than sapnap bc i said so.
———

sapnap and dream had broken up about a year ago, sapnap couldn't get over dream no matter how hard he tried.

today was especially as hard because he knew today would be their 4 year anniversary if they were still dating.

he walked along the side of the park, stepping over the path with his hands in his pocket. sapnap has been a mess for that entire year, he couldn't do anything without dream.

he knew exactly why they broke up, sapnap regrets everything he said that day. he wished he could take it back to hold dream in his arms and just let him cry instead of putting up a fight.

"dream i'm not like him why don't you fucking trust me?!"

the words rang through the boys ears as he sat down on a bench, why did he say it? why couldn't he of just admit that dream needed more than a regular partner? he was so special to sapnap and he blew it because sapnap wanted to go out but dream was suspicious.

he should've stayed home and held his boyfriend.

"yeah.. if i don't trust you than maybe we shouldn't be together."

sapnaps eyes threaten to tear up, dream made it easier to get up in the morning, he was the reason sapnap had a reason.

the only reason sapnap kept going is because he hoped one day fate would bring them back together.

sapnap wished to every shooting star he saw for dream.

he promised he'd treat him better.

if only fate listened..

"this seat taken?"

sapnap looked up, seeing the same green eyes he fell for years ago. shocked, he got up and stared.

"oh.. hi sappy" dream said in a fake cheerful tone. sapnap always hated how even though others have hurt him he would always be nice to them.

"i'm just gonna go i don't small t—"

"w-wait no sap!" dream grabbed the other boy's hand as sapnap went to turn away, he quickly let go once he saw sapnap looking back at him.

"i wanna talk to you" sapnap went to speak but dream knew it would've been a no, adding "please.."

the almost whimpering tone made sapnaps heart break all over again. he stood infront of dream, almost towering over the blonde boy.

"h-.... how has everything been?" he said, fidgeting with his fingers

"uhm good.."

i'm not good.

"has your health been okay?"

"yea i'm working on it."

no, no i haven't.

"that's great!"

"yea.."

i miss you.

"how's streaming?"

"i have a lot more viewers.."

please i want you back.

"it's uh.. crazy how we found eachother huh.."

"huh?"

"well for a year we don't speak then we meet again.."

"uhh.."

i want to kiss you again, dream.

he noticed the blonde moving to fidget with his hoodie sleeve, he thought it was so cute.

"like.. fate.."

fate?

"what?"

"sapnap.. i.. i still love you.. a lot.. i made a mistake breaking up with you.. i was overreacting and i miss you i miss the way we could cuddle every night and the way i'd mess with you on stream."

sapnap was .. dumbfounded

"holy fuck even patches misses you!"

patches. patches would always sleep in between them, they used to think it was annoying but now they both miss it.

dream started to cry, making sapnap panic immediately wrapping his arms around the smallers waist to hold him.

"please just come back..." dream said as he pushed his head into sapnaps chest.

"i never left dream, it wasn't a goodbye, it was a see you later." sapnap smiled down at the blonde, "i missed you too, i regret everything i did i was ignorant. i should've treated you better."

the blonde smiled, sapnap wiping his tears before speaking again, "don't cry pretty boy, it's okay now, i'll protect you"

"fuck, i love you sapnap"

"i love you too dream"

yeah,  fate.

maybe fate does listen..