1.

an average height, american male stepped off the train, suitcase in hand into the chilling english breeze. the autumn winds blew through his brown hair and the temperature change from inside the train carriage made his arm hairs rise. he reached for his hoodie zipper and pulled up, hoping it would keep him warm.
he then continued walking towards the taxi rank, just outside the train station and called his friend to say he had arrived. the pasty late-teen lit a cigarette and waited for his ride.

shortly after, a red renault clio arrived and threw his luggage in the trunk and climbed into the passenger side. his lanky legs didn't fit great inside the small car, making him feel slightly uncomfortable and cramped.

"so, schlatt. how was the flight?" his friend Minx asked. his voice was shaky and his throat was dry, due to travelling and in part because this was his first time seeing minx aside from in photos and facetime calls.

"it was fine. so was the train. overall, a success." he said as he turned to her with a smile. schlatt strapped in his seat belt and threw the cigarette butt out of the car before closing the door.
"how far away is the campus?" he asked

"oh only around five minutes away. do you want any help settling in? we could maybe go out for food after if you'd like." her irish twang was more noticeable in real life.

"sure that works for me. my introductionary email says my first class is tomorrow afternoon, so we could go for drinks if you're up for it. the legal age is 18 here right?"

"are you asking me on a date. sideburns?" her response made schlatt think for a minute. he liked minx a lot and they had jokingly flirted in the past but decided against anything more due to schlatt being in america at the time. but it's different now he thought. it wouldn't be weird right?

he decided not to say anything and just shot minx a smile. she tutted at him and put her focus back on driving to Kings College - the constituent college at cambridge university they had both been accepted into.

when they arrived, schlatt got out of the car and was instantly mesmerised by the magnificent beauty of the 15th century castle-like building. he had never seen something so majestic in the US.

out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a boy with curly brown hair complimented with a teal beanie. he was thin and quite tall. his black jeans were ripped and his arms were covered wrist to elbow in bracelets and wristbands. schlatt began to stare. he was rudely interrupted and brought back to the world of the living when his friend waved her hand in his face.
"snap out of it and help me with your crap." she snapped and handed schlatt a bag and put his suitcase by his side.

"what we're you staring at?" she pried.

"oh nothing. just spaced out i guess"
so many thoughts were running through schlatts head and many were not PG13. but schlatt is straight? why was he so transfixed by some random emo boy he saw across a courtyard? he brushed it off and followed minx up to his student accommodation to unpack.

A/N

hiiii evry1!!! i hope u liked the first chapter of this i hope i remember to update this. sorry if the lower case pisses u off but idc capitals make me angry. :)
just to clarify,, they aren't exactly gonna be accurate to their real life counterparts, i just like their dynamic.
have a good day/night/life yall