2.

"what do you think of the place?" minx asked schlatt, trying to kickstart the conversation.
"it's..... cosy."schlatt replied in a disheartened tone. schlatts expectation of elegant dormitories with works of art and golden chandeliers were crushed by a fairly run down, 70's style, bare minimum student room.

"at least it's a single. i'm stuck with a roommate," her response comforted schlatt to an extent.
"and anyway, who cares what your room is like if you're completely hammered? dump your stuff and freshen up, we'll just go out now instead."

"alright, i'll just clean myself up a bit" schlatt turned and walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

when schlatt closed his eyes, all he could see was the guy from earlier. what's with him? why can't i get him out of my head? he thought to himself. Schlatt placed his phone on the shelf and splashed his face with water and proceeded to dry it on a towel.

he twisted the door handle and stepped back into the main room. minx was stood at the door, waiting for schlatt. they shuffled out of the small room and closed the door.

the pair had made it to the ground floor and almost out of the main doors before he realised the distinct lack of a phone in his skinny jeans pocket. schlatt sighed and turned to minx,

"i've left my phone in the room. i'll be right back."

he noticed the lift doors begin to close and began to run towards them.

"hold the door please!" he yelled out, and a pasty pale boy placed a hand in the way of the closing doors, and they opened back up.
schlatt entered the lift and had to stop to catch his breath. smoking had done a number on his lung capacity, so he stood panting while the doors closed with him safely inside

schlatt, still with hands on his knees and breathing heavily, thanked the other person in the lift. he regained his breath and stood upright. schlatt turned to the other person and his face turned bright red.

"which floor?" the pale boy asked him in his cute british accent.

schlatt was bewildered. he stood, mouth wide open, in front of the boy he couldn't seem to get out of his head.

he realised the boy had said something to him and snapped out of his rose-tinted daze and tried to recover the situation.

"what?" schlatt straightened out his hoodie and the boy repeated his question.

"oh, 5 please."
"i'm schlatt by the way" he added

"oh nice to meet you schlatt, i'm wilbur." he shot the american a smile that made schlatt melt inside.

they stood on either side of the elevator for a few seconds until wil broke the silence.

"if you're on snapchat, i could add you to the freshman's groupchat. it's chill if not though."

"oh sure. i don't have my phone right now, but i can give you my user." schlatt replied

"where are you from? your accent is very different to most people here." wilbur asked

"i'm from manhattan in new york" schlatt smiled at the brit and then gave him his snapchat.

"i'll message you" wilbur said as the elevator came to a stop. schlatt got off and waved to his new acquaintance as the doors closed behind him. he got his phone from the bathroom and made his way back down to the ground floor. minx was waiting at the doors and the pair began to walk towards the highstreet. schlatt lit a cigarette and pulled out his phone

* xwilbur_sootx added you as a friend *

schlatt smiled.