3.

schlatt and minx had walked around the cambridge shopping district for around 10 minutes now. spending time admiring the unique mix of modern styled and more traditional styled buildings. schlatt noticed that the city successfully blends the two architectural styles without it becoming tacky like in some other places he had seen in the US.

" since it's your first night in britain, schlatt, i'm taking you to wetherspoons." minx said to him, turning left onto another street.

"what the fuck is wetherspoons?" schlatt responded.

"so imagine an american diner, but with more emphasis on tables and booze. it's just the ultimate pub. the food is decent and the drinks are cheap, what else could a person even dream of?" minx seemed to be much more excited about this than schlatt was, but nevertheless he sighed and followed his rather loud friend.

the pair eventually arrived at the pub and sat in an 'out-of-the-way' booth. this gave them a little more quiet and privacy, but made the trek to the bar seem like a cross-country walk.

after settling down with their first drinks, and orders for food placed, the sound of someone testing a microphone fills their ears with a cartoonishly loud screeching sound. the pair look across to see a small platform, about half a foot off the ground which seemed to constitute as a stage. on the small stage stood a very tall, slender musician. worn in converse, ripped black skinny jeans, a neck deep jumper and a burgundy beanie. a pair of round glasses with swooping wavy brown hair partially across the corner of them. his eyes seemed to match his hair and his pasty skin seemed to sparkle under the pathetically small stage lights. it was wilbur.

schlatt began to feel the melting feeling again, his face burning up and mind turning to mush. all while his eyes were transfixed on the suprisingly attractive emo boy. schlatt reached across the table for his pint and drank around half in a few very large mouthfuls.

"alright everyone. hello! i'm wilbur and i'm gonna play some music for you this evening. this first song is an original i hope you enjoy."

the lanky boy grabs an acoustic guitar and begins strumming.

schlatt listened to him play uninterrupted for a moment. this moment seemed to extend forever in his mind, rolling around in the music in an eternal bliss with wilbur. why was he thinking like this? there's no way schlatt was gay, and even if he was he couldn't just ditch minx for some random british guy he spoke to once in an elevator. right?

minx pulled him out of his own mind and back to reality as she snapped her fingers in front of his face to say that she could see a waitress bringing their food.

schlatt held a conversation with minx as they ate, but he couldn't give her all of his attention as a part of him was still completely transfixed by the performer. schlatt began to realise how dry the conversations he had with minx were but thought nothing of it. noting it as maybe she's less open in real life. of course she's still the minx he developed feelings for over discord but more reserved and in her shell. the pair finished their meals and finished the next few rounds of drinks while wilbur played his music in the background. this left schlatt permanently distracted as he and minx began to get totally wasted.

around 2 hours has passed and wilburs set was over. the pair were considerably drunk.

"i'm off to go piss" minx outright stated leaving schlatt a little taken aback.

"have fun." he responded. schlatt pulled out his phone to pass time and was instantly reminded of wilburs snapchat. he downed the remainder of the drink in front of him and decided to drop wil a message

jschlatt: hey it's the guy from earlier. i jsut heard you playign. you're good at it.

schlatts texts were slightly misspelled, but it wasn't totally unreadable, so he left it.
his heart began to race as he saw the small blue arrow turn white, indicating wilbur opened the message.

xxwilbur_sootxx is typing...

faster and faster his heart raced as he waited for the response. is he really pining over this boy like a preteen girl anticipating each response? schlatt thought to himself. he came to the conclusion that he should ignore the repercussions and implications of his little man-crush and just take it however it comes, at least until he's sober.

finally, he responded.

xxwilbur_sootxx: oh hey, it's schlatt right? thx for the complement! i'm at the bar still. you should come over and buy the music man a drink.

schlatts face warmed up and the melty feeling returned once again.
he stood up and started walking towards the bar.