Chapter 12: Green Hills

Ryn_
The next two days for her consisted of helping Molly around the house, tutoring Ginny for her final exams, and going out into the field to lay in the wheat and think on potions.
She still practices the art.
It took it a lot of her spare time, to say the least.

As she lay there in the field and stare at the sky, she picked at the blanket she was on in thought. It seemed that Fred was insistent on getting things between them back in motion, and she couldn't say she was against it. But something about it made her skittish. She couldn't pick why.
It was getting on her nerves quite badly. A year ago, she had been so madly in love with Fred Weasley that she would've done anything for him. Even die.
She almost had, in fact. The clouds drifting by lazily above her began to blur and double up, swaying slightly.
Her eyes were heavy and she felt deliciously comfortable, so content among the warm sun and soft sounds of wheat brush around her. Aside from the beautiful blue right above, the sides of her vision were golden. She might just stay here forever.
Her head had begun to fall to the side when the blanket was suddenly jolted and lifted into the air.

It wrapped her snugly and swayed, as if people were carrying it from each end. She yelped in protest and tried to see who her captures were.
"Oh– Fred! George!"
The twins laughed, as each had an end of the blanket and were supporting it on one shoulder as they marched through the field and back to the house.
"How did you even sneak up on me?"
She demanded, and George explained,
"Practically dosed off, you were. Wasn't too hard to sneak up on you."
She went limp in her little cocoon and said,
"Right, I forgot. You two were the wild cards of hogwarts, always sneaking around hidden corridors and getting into all sorts of trouble."
Fred, not without humour, said,
"As I recall, you were right there along with us. Skipping potions, sneaking out at night, giving us the password to your common room..."
Ryn went red and hid her face. The brother's chuckled to each other before continuing their own little conversation.
"I can't wait to see you two get your asses handed to you."

She said quietly, and they stopped walking.
"What?"
They both said, and she ignored them. After jostling her roughly they asked again, and she cursed before realising they could drop her at any second. And God knew they would.
So she quickly said,
"Muggle sports!"
"What about them?"
"You'll suck at them, obviously."
George seemed insulted and burst out with,
"Muggle sports? You think we'll be rubbish at Muggle. Sports.?"
She snorted and waved a hand,
"Fine, then. See how you fair. I won't help you, though."
Fred chuckled and exclaimed,
"We're Weasley's! We'll have your little assumptions six feet under before you can count the scores."
Ryn flashed back to all the times she'd visited her muggle family, and how rough and aggressive they could be. All the times where her cousins had ended up with broken bones and fractures and cuts everywhere.
They didn't know about magic, so she could never help with with injuries. And she had to hide her wand as well. She'd had one hell of a time obliviating her whole family after the children had found her broomstick.
With a small giggle, she suddenly decided that she couldn't wait until the twins had to deal with rioty muggles and no magic.
~~~~

Ryn was walking with the twins either side of her, and trying to do as best she could at giving her all the names of her family and basic rules of the house.
They each carried their suitcases in one hand, and Ryn's cat sat perched on Georges broad shoulder. They were walking casually down a pebble drive, at which end was a proud wooden house and stone house. All around for miles was lush green grass warped over tiny hills and in all different lengths.
"Is that the house? It's bloody huge!"

Fred said, bewildered at the sight of it. Ryn had gotten so used to seeing in that she hadn't really stopped to think about how big the home was. It was two stories, not counting the addict. There was a basement, too. The whole thing was a faded light brown and worn in. It had been thoroughly loved by Ryn's family for generations.
"It's old money."
Ryn said, warmth in her voice.
The whole thing was big enough to fit a family of twelve with room to spare. She began to explain about its history with surprising ease,
"It's been in my father's of the family for ten generations. Always been my favourite place. It was supposed to go to my dad, but he became an Auror and gave it to his sister. That was about when she married her muggle husband. My mum– she was French, and there's still some places in Paris–"
"You have places in Paris?"