Chapter 18: Save it

Sorry guys 😅 I plan to make up for everything by making this one kinda spicy 🙏

Ryn_
The main hall sparkled with elegance, and the enchanted ceiling looked like falling stars. A cosmos swirling above head like a cauldron of the universe's secrets. She was so distracted by it that she didn't notice as she stepped onto Luna's shoe and stumbled.
She apologised immediately and continued staring upwards.
"Quite lovely, isn't it?"

Luna said, in her usual silky voice. Ryn smiled down at the witch kindly and said,
"Not as lovely as you tonight. You look wonderful!"
A pink blush spread across her cheeks, and Luna looked around the room before saying,
"I didn't quite imagine the Yule Ball to be so...shiny."
Ryn giggled and nodded before checking her dress. It hugged her chest and waist tightly, flowing down her arms in silky waves and leaving her shoulders and collar bones exposed. The material resembled soft glittering stars, and shimmered in soft hues of blue and grey. A long slit travelled up her thigh and occasionally exposed her thigh, but she made sure to keep it closed with her hand. Olivia had sent it to her. And God knew they Olivia liked to dress...risky.
Ryn began looking instinctively around the room for the twins. She couldn't help it. George had disappeared, and she hadn't seen Fred yet. It felt unnatural to not be around them, enjoying their presence, laughing with them.
"Are you looking for Fred and Angelina?"

Ryn blinked at Luna's question, and slowly turned her head to the witch. The dangling earrings hanging from her ears swayed lightly at the action.
"I...I guess I am."
She said, feeling her heart sink a little as she realised Luna had seen her true intentions before she'd even gotten to guess them herself. And then scold herself.
George was her date. Not Fred.
Fred...didn't want to be her date.
Or he would've asked her.

Fred_
Staring into his reflection on the metal dinner plate, he tried to part his hair and make it look like George's.
Next to him, George fussed with his own hair to look like Fred. They turned to each other and narrowed their eyes. George winked and said,
"Yep, you're not fugly anymore, so you must look like me."
A muscle in Fred's eye twitched. George smiled good-naturedly and tapped him on the shoulder,
"Go get em' tiger."
"I'm a lion, George."
"Whatever."

With that, George parted ways and disappeared into the crowd, most likely to find angelina and pass himself off as Fred. The real Fred, on the other hand, turned to look for a very special lady indeed.
Not that it was hard.
He'd known exactly where she was the moment he stepped into the hall. He imagined that she would probably say her dress was light blue, but he would argue and say it was the colour of pale skies which promised rain, kissed with pearl sun-rays. He hadn't noticed that he was fidgeting until someone stepped into his side,
"Been poisoned, have you?"
Fred looked down to see Neville, dressed sharply, with his gaze set upon his Yule date, Luna, who happened to now be standing with Ryn.
"No– no, I haven't. Just a bit nervous."

Neville laughed as if he'd heard the most preposterous thing in the world.
"George Weasley, nervous? I should start betting on other impossible things to happen tonight. Where's Fred?"
Fred blinked before remembering that he was posing as George, and grinned widely before saying,
"Over there, with Angelina. Say, why aren't you with Luna, longbottom?"
Neville gave him a knowing look before saying,
"Why aren't you with Ryn?"
Fred shoved Neville in the shoulder lightly before cackling.
"Never, mate. She's not in my territory."
"Yeah, yeah."
Fred suddenly had a great surge of confidence and took a deep breath before wrapping his arm around Neville and pronouncing,
"We're being bloody rude, mate; standing over here while our lovely ladies are all on their lonesome. What say we go and keep them company?"