Ocean | Cherished Malevolence

Book name : Cherished Malevolence by SnowSpringBud
Reviewed by : springoceania

Title

Enticing title. Like eyes in a living being, title is the soul for any story. It created a curiosity in me to know more. Good job.

Cover

I loved it. The colour contrast with the characters and the title is superb.

Blurb

Crisp and clear. A sufficient intro for those who are unaware about Arshi. Also, the mention of an uninvited guest piques the curiosity.

Characters and characterization

Wonderfully portrayed. Surprisingly, Mami’s character is sensible, which is rare. Arnav as usual steals the show with his anger, resentment, betrayal and his guilt.
Anjali's stupidity clearly shows that such women are for real. They can't see others happy, be it their own siblings or someone else. Akash’s blind devotion paved way for his destruction. I pity him.
The Guptas are so supportive and that's how family should be.
Payal is surprisingly strong in your story and it's like a breath of fresh air to pair her with someone else.
Khushi's character is timid in the beginning and her strength lies in Arnav, who, made her strong enough to face the world. I just wish every woman gets a husband like the Arnav you have portrayed.

Plot

Refreshing. A little deviated from the original but worth the try. You have done a fabulous job in taking the story forward with good twists. It doesn't tire the readers. Honestly, the readers will find themselves being pulled by the plot, to read this story again and again. Such is the power of your writing style.

Description

The time line, change of place, change in the characteristics and   revelation of truth, all these aspects are described to the T, sealing the belief that you are a pro at writing. I loved the epilogue, especially the way the family is together.

Grammar

Easy to understand, difficult to find any error. Good job.

Overall view

A wonderful story that will not allow you to rest until you finish. I enjoyed reading this book.

Plus points
🔸Title
🔸Cover
🔸Blurb
🔸Plot
🔸Characters

Negative points
🔸none

Note:
This review is my personal opinion and I apologise if it hurts anyone.