5

His Best Kept Secret
Chapter Five

"I think the fuck not!"

You didn't know why you said the words; maybe it was because of the frustration of having Bakugo so close yet not able to claim him in public. It was no secret that the ash blond warrior was handsome, strong, and fearsome and was not a stranger to getting female attention. However his bitter attitude and foul mouth was enough to send them all running with their tails between their legs. But not you.

So why did you want to break up with him?

"I just..." you pause, feeling his fist tighten on your waist. Being in his embrace made it hard to concentrate on the words you wanted to say. Taking a deep breath, you finally spoke your mind.

"I just feel like what's the point in being your girlfriend if we have to hide our relationship," you blurted, your eyes flashing at him with false determination.

His eyebrow raises, his expression blanking. Your stomach twisted in knots because as long as you've known Bakugo, he was never speechless.

"Maybe we can try again after we graduate...I-I mean I don't want to get in the way of your dreams," you felt your heart break as you continued to speak. It was as if not only were you losing your boyfriend, but also your potential lifetime mate. Even if you did wait till after graduating from U.A., it was agony to imagine being away from him.

"Your not—," he cuts himself off as his eyes scan your face. It was like this was the last thing he expected from you, and it stunned him.

His lack of emotion and communication was enough to give you your answer and you quickly push him away to run back in side the house, your tears streaming down your face.

You hold back a sob as you frantically fling yourself onto your bed, the emotions overwhelming you. "Damn heat," you mutter into your pillows.

Your phone didn't ring once all night. This was the right thing to do, the right thing for Bakugo. Even if it meant dying from a heartbreak.

***

Katsuki Bakugo wasn't a romantic flirty man. He didn't let feelings and emotions stop him from climbing to the top but he also wasn't a stranger to the ever growing feelings he had for you. Out of all the people he dealt with on a daily basis, you were the only one who he tolerated. In fact, you were the only one who he craved to be around.

As he laid in his bed, tossing a basketball up in the air and catching it over and over again, he remembered the first time he laid eyes on you.

It was when you first moved into the house next door, you both were only eight years old. You stood out in the yard playing with marbles as your parents unloaded the moving truck, the ash blond boy had just stepped out of his own home when he noticed you.

An eyebrow raises as he watches you roll the marbles, wondering who you could be. A smirk plays on his lips as he easily makes his way to you.

"Hey brat, who are you?" He barks with a grin, making you jump and drop your marbles. They scattered around the ground, rolling along the short blades of grass.

You let out the most adorable little squeak and you jump to your feet, your long hair falling in front of your face. You muttered under your breath, peering at the strange boy through the strands of your bangs.

"Huh?! I can't hear you!" He shouts, stepping closer.

You were so timid around him at first, maybe it was because of his abrasive personality or just the volume of his voice, but the way you cowardly step back made Bakugo's stomach swirl with the unknown feeling of protectiveness.