Chapter 1: Host Family

Marinette p.o.v
I had just finished signing up for the 2-year foreign exchange program when I heard "Hey sis!" My younger brother called out. "Hey Jon, what's up?". "Oh I'm just wondering why you are at the exchange program sign up." "Well I signed up, you know to see the world, I actually chose Paris." "Why would you sign up?" "Like I said to see the world" it wasn't exactly a lie just not the full truth. Truth is to get away from the men in my family who think I'm weak cause I don't have powers. That's a bunch of bullshit I can take Robin in a fight and win, and he was an ex-assassin! "Mari you okay? You're spaced out." Jon stated snapping me out of my thoughts "huh, oh sorry what were you saying?" "I was asking the real reason you wanted to leave. Super hearing remember? I can hear your heartbeat" "it doesn't matter let's go catch the bus"

Little over 2 months later
Marinette p.o.v
All throughout the summer my brothers and dad tried to get me to stay. Finally, I had enough and ended staying the night at my best friend Damian Wayne's the night before I left. "So are you gonna tell me why you are avoiding your father and brothers?" "Nothing gets past you bats huh?" I smile "You are avoiding the question" 'damn it' I thought. "Let me sort my thoughts first alright?" "Fine 3 minutes to think through your response" "thanks". 

3 minutes later
"Times up, spill" Damian states. I take a deep breath and exhale "alright, so I'm the only Kryptonian on the planet without powers and my family loves to remind me of that! They say since I have no powers I can't help save and protects others which is a bunch of bull! Your entire family is powerless and everyone respects you! So I figured it out it's cause I'm a disappointment I don't have superpowers like my brothers, dad, and aunt. I'm the laughing stock of the superfamily." When I started my voice was loud and hysterical and by the end of my rant, I was barely talking above a whisper.

"I never told you but tomorrow I'm leaving for Paris France to continue avoiding my family" I state before he could respond. "How long will you be gone?" Is all I get in reply "2 school years but I'll be back during breaks." I whisper back on the verge of tears. "One thing at a time. Marinette you are anything but weak so what if you don't have powers you were trained by members of the justice league. You could take me down in a fight no problem....look at me" I lift my head a stare into his eyes "you are incredible just the way you are, as for Paris you'll be coming back and to me, that's all that matters alright" I nod not trusting my voice. 'When did we get so close together?' I think. A knock on the door interrupts us making us jump apart "Mater Damian, Miss Marinette, I believe it is time for bed" Alfred states as he opens the door. "Thank you pennyworth," Damian says I get up to go to my room. "Good night Alfred, Demon," I say as I head into my room closing the door behind me.

The next day
Damian p.o.v
As we head to the airport with the Kent family to get Marinette on the plane it's quiet, Marinette is next to me looking out the window the rest of my family is scattered among multiple cars. As we reach the airport I can't help but feel a pit in my stomach. "Marinette, did you make sure you have everything?" I ask hoping she might have forgotten something so she doesn't go. "Nope, I have everything." She states smiling like she's not about to leave me 'wait what?' I think. As we go through the motions of getting her ticket I don't even realize she is about to leave until we reach security. "Alright this is where we part ways," she says giving everyone a hug and sad smile. When she reaches me we hug longer than the others and I will forever deny that tears were shed. "Bye Dami" she whispers lowly in my ear before heading off through the security check, leaving her family and most importantly me behind.

Marinette p.o.v
After the flight
After the long flight, I reach Paris France. I walk out and see a big Italian man next to a tiny woman of Asian descent holding a sign with my name in big letters. I approach them with a smile on my face 'this is my new start no more heroes, no more overbearing brothers and dad, and no more... Damian' I think happily before I get to my thoughts of Damian. Finally, I reach the couple "hello my name is Marinette Kent" I say greeting them after they introduce themselves as Tom Dupain and Sabine Cheng. Finally, we head to my home for the next two years.