Chaper 8: The End

A/N-so today is Martin Luther King Day so I don't have school, so I'm posting the last chapter today, I also wanna remind y'all that they are in year 9 or the 9th grade and that it is a 2-year exchange program. Also, I realize that this book doesn't have a lot of Daminette in it and that's my fault I didn't realize how hard it would be to make it to mainly focus on that, this quickly became a just Ladybug vs HawkMoth book with Daminette on the side which wasn't my intention but I still love this book and how it turned out.

2 weeks later
Marinette p.o.v
Life has been great, Lila got exposed because she was working with Gabriel and Adrien. Nathalie only has to do community service and Emilie is completely healed. The only thing that changed that really matters to me is my relationship with Damian. After seeing him get absorbed by TimeBreaker I realized I wanted him in my life way more than I thought I did. I always saw us going through life together. At first, it was he'd be there at my wedding, now it's I want him as the groom of my wedding, or one of the first people to hold my kids, now I want him to be the first person to hold our kids. That day changed me and now I get flustered around him when he smiles through the screen or calls me Angel which is a nickname I'm still getting used to. He's changed too, or at least around me, I don't know how to explain it be he has, I want to say he's getting flirty but I honestly can't tell. There is also a ceremony in my honor in a week followed by a festival to celebrate the defeat of HawkMoth. In school HawkMoth defeat is all anyone would talk about and well Lady Beetle and if she'll show for the ceremony. To be honest I haven't really thought about it. I haven't talked to my dad to see what I should do either. I guess I will see in a week.

A week later

Today is the day I will be given an award for beating HawkMoth in front of all of Paris and the rest of the world if they watch. I watch from the top of a building as Mayor Bourgeois gives a grand speech about the hardships Paris has faced with HawkMoth's rain and now that he is gone we as a city can prosper. 'Touching' I think, right as I'm about to enter Justice League ships land, and out of one ship, the original 7 members Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, and The Flash come out. The others house my brothers and aunt, the rest of the batfam minus Alfred, Roy, and both kid flash and impulse. Everyone stares in all before my dad finally speaks "don't stop the ceremony we come in support of Lady Beetle." The mayor just nods his head stunned before continuing "Now the Lady who did it all" he pauses for dramatic effect "LADY BEETLE!" the crowd roars but the loudest are the batfam minus Damian, Bruce, and Cass as I swing in "Hello everyone" I start, the crowd goes silent "when I first came to Paris I did it to get away from my dad, brothers, and aunt who all have powers that they use for the greater good. This was something I always wanted to do, I wanted to prove to my dad that I could help people just like him. Now that I stand here I realize it should have never been about proving myself like it was in the beginning, it should have always been because I wanted to help. Paris reminded me of that, that I was more than capable of helping without powers. You don't need to be a superhero to save the world, and even superheroes need help. My help consists of Queen Bee, Green Snapper, and Rogue Dragon, or as he is better known as" I can see Damian shaking his head no but I've already decided "Robin. These three people helped me defeat HawkMoth. So I would like to send a big thank you to each person as well as a thank you to my dad Superman, brothers the Superboys, and my aunt Supergirl, and the rest of the Justice League for coming to support me today" after I finish I swing over to my family hugging each member before turning to Robin. "I have something to tell you" "I need to tell you something" we both state "you go first" "no you" we go back and forth before laughing, he finally stops laughing "Angel, you are the most incredible person I know, you made me feel like me not some ex-assassin, or the son of my father, or anything like that. During the years of knowing you, I have grown to love you in ways words cannot explain." I am speechless at his confession which makes him ramble in doubt so I wrap my arms and kiss him, he hesitates before responding putting his hands on my waist. "Nooooo!! Batman gets your murder son away from my baby girl!!!" My dad interrupts we quickly pull apart and I put my face in Robin's chest in embarrassment. "Daaaad" I whine out while the others laugh at us. We are suddenly pulled apart by my brothers as they give Robin the shovel talk. I hear unfamiliar laughing and I suddenly realize we are surrounded by civilians "Ummmm guys? We are surrounded by civilians" the entire Justice League, I included, quickly become personal looking before loading onto the ships that take us straight to the watchtower.

Epilogue
After my two-year exchange ended I had to say goodbye to Chloé and Nino, as well as Master Fu as he passed the guardian title to me. Soon after I became a member of the Teen Titans with Damian and Jon and I love every second of it. I love being apart of a team especially with Damian. After that day in Paris, we started dating and the entire world knew too, or at least that Robin and Lady Beetle were an item.