Chapter 7: A Pointless War Has Ended

Marinette p.o.v
Now with a team established the others and I join chat noir, who is resting on a rooftop. "Hey, kitty" "hello m'lady, who have you brought with you?" I point to each member "This is Rouge Dragon, Queen Bee, and Green Snapper" turning back to the city of akumatized citizens and I quickly make a plan. "Alright here's what we are gonna do Rouge Dragon and Queen Bee will neutralize as many akumas as they can, this will clear a path for Chat Noir, Green Snapper, and I to get to HawkMoth. From there Green Snapper will create a shield around us so HawkMoth can't escape. At this point, we will have 5-minutes to try and grab Hawkmoth's miraculous from within the shield. At this point I want Queen Bee and Rouge Dragon to fall back there are too many akumas for you guys to keep fighting more than necessary. Does everyone understand?" They nod in agreement before we all head out. Getting closer to the Eiffel Tower there are hundreds of akumas surrounding HawkMoth "I should have gotten more back up" I whisper to myself before signaling Queen Bee and Rouge Dragon to go. Rogue Dragon hesitated which made Queen Bee wait a bit "I know you're the daughter of Superman but you aren't invincible please be careful" he says his eyes pleading with me "Alright Son of Batman I'll be careful if you promise to be careful as well" we both nod at each other before he runs into the battlefield Queen Bee right behind him. As Chat Noir, Green Snapper, and I wait for a path to be cleared "Hold up you're the daughter of Superman?!" Green Snapper exclaims "Yes, and Rouge Dragon is Robin" this goes back and forth as I'm looking for an entrance. Finally, I see it, I hold up my hand signaling him to stop talking before I head in Chat Noir and Green Snapper right behind me. While running we had to stop a few akumas like Princess Fragrance, Rogercop, and Lady Wifi. We finally reach HawkMoth and Green Snapper puts up the shield "SHELTER!" We are now incased in an indestructible shield. Before HawkMoth can give a boring bad guy speech I throw a punch right at his face followed by a powerful kick sending him into the shield. We quickly in gage in a three-way fight Chat and I versus HawkMoth. HawkMoth starts moving towards Green Snapper so fling Chat Noir with my yo-yo at him when suddenly I hear "Rogue Dragon behind you!" from Queen Bee I turn and see he is absorbed by TimeBreaker something inside of me snaps and I fall to my knees "no, no, no, NOOO!" I scream out "Robin!" At this point I'm crying hysterically when Green Snapper runs to me and whispers "Use that anger at HawkMoth, beat him" while still focusing on his shield. I nod slowly before getting up turning to HawkMoth looking through my tears "This ends now" and I charge Chat Noir tries to join but is stopped by Green Snapper "It's her fight right now, It's personal" the fight quickly becomes one-sided which me on the winning side. Finally, he falls to his knees exhausted and I rip the miraculous right off of him forcing all the akumatized citizens to come back and all their victims. I turn and look for Rouge Dragon in the crowd and I see him smiling at me and mouth "you did it, and with no Superman strength" I turn to who HawkMoth is and I'm shocked to see Gabriel Agreste, I finally focus on the rest of my team and they all look fine except Chat Noir who looks murderous at me. "You," he says slowly "you were supposed to fail so I could see my mother! We were supposed to win! Me and HawkMoth were supposed to win!" He yells out charging at me "CATACLYSM!!" I quickly turn, forcing him to use the cataclysm on Green Snappers shield, which crumbles to the ground. After he failed to disintegrate me he tries to run only to be stopped by Queen Bee "VEMON!" With a heavy heart, I remove his miraculous to see Adrien Agreste. Finally, everything makes sense, why my trackers were all over the place and the only bug that worked was the one in the grimoire, Tikki and I just assumed magic was at work, Chat Noir is the one who I put in charge of putting trackers on the butterflies, he is the one who I told all my plans to, my theory of who HawkMoth was when I first found the grimoire, all of it. This pointless war could have been over a long time ago. Shocked I finally ask "Where is the Peacock Miraculous!" When suddenly there is a voice behind me "Right here!" Nathalie Sancoeur calls out holding a broken Miraculous. She walks forward and hands it to me saying "This miraculous is broken and because it is broken it causes harm to the user, Emilie Agreste kept using it knowing this and fell into a magic-induced coma. This is why they wanted your miraculous to bring her back" she explains. I turn to both of them who are being watched by a very angry Rouge Dragon "This could of all been avoided if you told me who HawkMoth is and why he was doing this. The miraculous draining in reverse able and she can be brought back from her coma." I see the shock on both of their faces when finally the police arrive to take them away Nathalie willingly goes with them admitting to working with them while both Agreste males fight the entire time. I pocket the peacock and butterfly miraculous in my yo-yo before turning to my team "split up so I can collect your miraculous and send you home" Rouge Dragon goes to my house and I follow Queen Bee and Green Snapper go to the school where I first found them. "Thank you Lady Beetle for trusting me to help in your battle Pollen Buzz-Off!" She de-transforms before handing me the comb. Then Nino "this was the coolest thing I've ever done and now I'm apart of history in the best way. Thank you Wayzz Shell Off!" He de-transforms handing me the bracelet. "Thank you both for doing this I hope you both get the life's you deserve." I say again pocketing the miraculous in my yo-yo before leaving. I quickly reach my room and see Damian de-transformed "you ready to face the music?" I ask. He nods, so I pull out the horse miraculous, and we portal into the bat cave. Where the bat family is getting ready for patrol. Bruce turns to us "stay put we'll be back" all we do is nod before de-transforming. He hands me the miraculous and I put it in my purse with all the miraculous that transferred from my yo-yo.

After patrol
Marinette p.o.v
Bruce comes in with the rest of the batboys but that's not it, my dad, brothers, and aunt come in as well. 'Oh no' is all I can think when I see my dad's angry face. I turn to Bruce "you said you wouldn't tell!" "No I said and I quote 'When you are done come back to explain everything and I might not tell you father' and I didn't tell him it is not my fault that the final battle was live-streamed all around the world and your father heard when you yelled 'Robin!' When he was absorbed?" He finishes in a kind of question about the absorbed thing. I just nod then look at my dad ready for my punishment, he sighs then speaks "why didn't you tell me?" I can't look him in the eyes when I hear the disappointment in his voice. "I was tired of being treated like I was helpless because I didn't have powers. You would never bench anyone because they didn't have powers and I'm pretty sure you're scared of Bruce. Except when it came to me I couldn't even try to make my super suit. Do you know what it's like knowing you can help people and your own family won't let you" at this point I'm whispering and I can feel all my unshed tears building up. Razing my voice again "so when I had the opportunity to help I took it and asked Damian for help knowing I couldn't do it alone." I finally look my dad in the eyes "get mad all you want but I know I made the right decision" he doesn't speak just looking me I the eyes before hugging me my brothers and aunt quickly join before he whispers in my ear "I'm so proud of you but, you are so grounded" "I know" I whisper back finally crying. We stood there in a big hug pile for a bit, when I finally tell them to let go so I can explain what I needed to do now "I need to return all the miraculous to Master Fu and I need to heal Emilie Agreste, but I don't know if I will still be Lady Beetle after this, I'm unneeded now..." I'm quickly interrupted by Damian "Even if there is no need for Lady Beetle, you can always choose a new ally because there will always be a need for Marinette Kent" I smile and nod. I turn to everyone saying goodbye before transforming into Miss Mare and entering a portal straight to Master Fu.

As I enter I see master fu meditating "Hello Marinette" I quickly de-transform and hand him all the miraculous as I'm about to take off mine he stops me "the world will always need you, but I am old and no longer am needed, Marinette during your s...

As I enter I see master fu meditating "Hello Marinette" I quickly de-transform and hand him all the miraculous as I'm about to take off mine he stops me "the world will always need you, but I am old and no longer am needed, Marinette during your stay here in Paris I will train you to be the next Guardian so when it is time for you to leave you can join your family in saving the world." His words surprised me "you knew?" "Of course! I am old, and with age comes wisdom so I have 180 years of knowledge" he says cheekily. "The first thing you will learn to do is fix a broken miraculous" he smiles.