✩𝐎𝐍𝐄 ; 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝟏/𝟐

(friendly reminder: this is a college au, different from the original haikyuu plot line. kuroo and kenma are not childhood friends, nor volleyball players. proceed with this information in mind!)

> truth or dare 1/2 [part one of two]

◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢

third person's (omniscient) pov

"geez, are you sure you want to do this?" kuroo sighed. he didn't agree to any of this. yamamoto ignored his comment and kept pulling him by the sleeve. the bedhead didn't even protest, he knew each and every one of his friends by heart and he just knew that yamamoto wouldn't give in. just- screw him and his hot-headed personality.

the mohawk pushed kuroo into the room his friends were already gathering in. they sat in an incompleted circle, leaving a little place for the two to sit. the room was slightly dim, with an orange tint coming from the hanging lights on the wall. there were colorful rattan cushions laid down on the hardwood floor, and several vintage-like empty cola bottles in the middle of their cozy den.

"come on roosterhead!! it's a friggin party and you're even not down with playing truth or dare?!" yaku spat intimidatingly. he could be blunt and honest at times, but kuroo knew deep down he cared for him. at least it's what he thinks. "such a party pooper." the blonde continued his train of insults. the ravenette just smiled in reply, not wanting to cause any meaningless scuffles among the gang.

the party was actually a birthday celebration for their classmate, y/n. the friends aren't exactly close with her/him, but they all got an invitation. well, they all came for the food anyway. not to interfere with the party, yamamoto decided to shut themselves into a room so that they could enjoy their 'bro-time' together. kuroo was actually surprised he'd rather spend time with him and the others rather than trying to talk to the girls outside. 

"heh, yaku-san, don't say that when you chickened out just now! but actually that kinda suits your height, since short people are wimpier than taller ones," lev mocked, covering his chuckle with his palms. and here's him, the dumb, childish, russian skyscraper. he really doesn't know what's good for him sometimes. actually, most of the time. kuroo swore he could see yaku grabbing a knife from his back.

"aw come on... what's so scary about truth or dare anyway? it's not like we'll ask some outrageous questions and impossible dares or anything." lev said, quickly changing the topic after sensing the atmosphere. the bedhead couldn't disagree more. DISAGREE.

the room was quite for a while. yamamoto made a serious face. "welp, since everyone is here now, let's start!" oh hell no.

kuroo laid back on his cushion and waited for the others' consent, and spun the empty bottle. "hey, i didn't say you can start-" as soon as lev said that, the bottleneck landed on him. 

"wha-" 

"truth or dare?" yaku snickered. ironically, the bottom of the bottle landed on him. that's karma for you.

lev hesitated for a second. "truth..?"

"tch, what a chicken." yaku teased, as an evil smirk tugged on his lips. this game was just getting started...

◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢

a/n: HELLO
ayee i finally started this book :> it kinda dragged on for a while cause i was trying to update my kagehina book as much as possible but fear not here is the first chapter! the next chapter will not be a continuation of kuroo's side of story, but instead i will write some of kenma's part, so the 2/2 of truth or dare will be my chapter 3!! please have fun reading this story and enjoy! 
btw i apologize if there are any typos :>  please tell me if you spot one!!