Underneath the Purple Veil - Part 2

*AN: Long Chapter

Yes! I've been away. Yes! I've been tempted. Yes! I've tried to go back to my younger self...Were the early days ever good? Heck, yeah! I've never been naturally self-disciplined on eating, drinking (water), or even...Chasing the Dames.

See, I've always embraced my position as being a Rock Star and considered it very helpful on many levels. But, I've also always been somewhat either scared, disappointed, doubtful, helpless, lost or sometimes even annoyed just trying to find my One.
L.A. had always remained a haven on many occasions and one of my city references since my early beginnings in the music business. I would always have this sweet escape reflex whenever I felt I was losing my creative inspiration or needed a temptation boost to help me overcome a difficult or dull romantic situation.
It was undeniable that Carla and I were fine together but as the saying goes Men will always be Men, eternal unsatisfied living creatures... We'll always have this vicious instinct and go back to test our fair value on the Ladies' market from time to time, right? This is all part of how relationships work in the animal kingdom.
So, I pretended to have important editing to do on pending projects of Live recordings to make and took off on the first red-eye out of Paisley Park. For real! I felt trapped for a hot second and if I didn't put myself in motion fast enough I was going to lose my animal instincts. I chose to carry some of my finest clothes, guitars and accessories so I would have everything handy to spark fireworks. I'd planned to reconnect with my former best L.A. bodyguards so they could handle security during my stay.
I enjoyed one of the best De Luxe penthouses one of my trusted celebrity friends had graciously hand me the keys to, just to crash and of course threw after parties. The first few nights I went anonymously to several clubs. I also paid for the most expensive VIP tables just to watch the finest "Wannabe Hollywood Models " having fun on the hottest dance floors. Most of them wore flashy platform heels and suggestive low-cut hip huggers or very short skirts. Unfortunately, none of them had enough skills to pretend to add up to my little purple book.
While sipping on my frozen Long Island Ice Tea, I reminisced about the time I had my own club Glam Slam in downtown L.A. on 333 S Boylston which many considered one of the coolest during the early '90s but also some others classified it too "Bourgie". Even tho I'd never owned any of them, everything inside I imagined and made it my reality.
In L.A., my nightclub looked lush and classy with two pillars featuring naked groping men and women anchoring the club's main room, and Egyptian-style faces peering down from the multicolored walls and the bathtub from my video « When Doves Cry ». There was also a heavy gold mesh fabric hanging throughout the club and the jewel-strewn bed cradled in a sculpted hand upstairs. I named the "Erotic City " room after the song Sheila. E and I created here in Hollywood in Sunset Sound's Studio 3.

The « Members Only » section upstairs was my favorite

The « Members Only » section upstairs was my favorite. I had my private booth there. I'd picked this spot so I could keep an eye on everything that was going on the dance floor downstairs, around the bar and up the flight of stairs all the way up to the rail. I always had the best shots!
The lightning and structure were good enough to play hide and seek with adventurous fans and a bunch of girls whom I pleasurably learned their personal names were always fond of any interactions I might allow them to have with me. They all knew the rules. Sometimes it was really funny, some of them were real novice and I was glad they were always brought by another member who knew how to behave. The thrill was always different. That was then, years had passed, the energy and the connection with those people had changed or simply disappeared.