Tidbits of Random (and totally necessary) Knowledge

just some little fun facts I found while scrolling through the magical world that is Google and the way back of my brain

• In 1778, Hamilton and Laurens bathed... naked... in the Raritan River. Together. I wonder how that went—
(edit: i was scrolling through john-lauren's tumblr and the date was july 2nd.)

• Scorpios (Laurens) and Capricorns (Hamilton) are like the ultimate power couple.

• The two were thirty minutes late to the Lee duel because they were "lost in the woods."

• When Laurens was in South Carolina, Hamilton missed him so badly he asked permission from Washington to join him, but was denied. (awww, why washingdad? i thought you shipped.)

• You all probably know this but when Laurens was 13, he was so uninterested in ladies his father tried to pass it off as he was "overworked."
"Master Jack is too closely wedded to his studies to think about any of the Miss Nanny's I would not have such a sound in his Ear, for a Crown; why drive the poor Dog, to what Nature will irresistibly prompt him to be plagued with in all probability much too soon."

• They shared a bedroom at Valley Forge, despite there being multiple other rooms available.

• When other officers discussed their actions, they almost always mentioned Laurens and Hamilton being together.

• When Laurens was a prisoner of war, Hamilton visited him on his birthday and they got their portraits painted. (relationship goals)

• George Washington openly encouraged Laurens and Hamilton bunking together.

• Hamilton could only write seven sentences about Laurens' death. (I'll do more on this later.)

• They wrote letters together.

• Laurens didn't tell Hammy about his wife for one and a half years and he would probably never know had he not found the letter.

• Most historians agree Laurens was gay. (and yet they refuse to acknowledge his relationship with Hamilton)

• Hamilton gave Laurens many affectionate nicknames in his letters, including:
    - Jack
    - Jacky
    - Dear J
    - My Dear [Laurens] (duh)

• Laurens was slow to respond to letters, so, naturally, Hamilton flooded him with letters wondering why he hasn't heard from him.
• But he responded to Hamilton's letters much quicker than he did anyone else's.
• In the last letter he sent Hamilton, he told him to "not withdraw the condolences of your letters"
• Hamilton responded but it's unlikely Laurens ever read it. (I'll do more on that I think)

• The "I love you" in the "Cold in my professions..." letter seemed rushed, as if Hamilton was nervous about writing it.

I imagine him sitting at his desk in the middle of the night, candle practically dead, having an internal battle over whether or not to write it and then just giving up because, hell, he loves him

also (it's super faint but) here's the famous "I must not publish the whole of this

also (it's super faint but) here's the famous "I must not publish the whole of this."

I'm still scouring tumblr and I found out: When Hamilton wrote the "I have still a part for the public and another for you" he had originally written "and another for my friends" but changed it so it said a part of his heart was only for Laurens.