・Ring around the Rosie・

If don't know what to put as the title, I'll just put song names. Today's title isn't a song tho.
Wait- it is tho. 😀

edit: girl you confusing af

That's when the gate stared closing. A man was trying to catch up, but he was too late. "Wait for me!"
You kind of felt bad. I mean he ran all the way here, poor dude.

"These wetland creatures will use every trick in the book to fool their prey. An ecosystem in which creatures obtain food through deceit... Hence the name Swindlers Swamp. Stay close to me so you won't be deceived." Satotz explained. Leorio scoffed "What a joke. How can they fool us when we're expecting it?"

(I keep sneezing (c" ,_))

At that moment, a voice was heard. "Don't let them fool you!" Everyone directed their attention toward the voice. "I just said that they can't" Leorio said.

"Don't fall for it..." A man with light brown
hair (?) appeared. "He's lying to you!" He pointed at Satotz. "He's an imposter!"

You didn't believe this man. Your gut is telling you Satotz-san is the real examiner. 'Maybe if...' You pondered for a moment.
"He isn't an examiner..." The man continued. "I'm the real examiner." Why should we believe that?
Leorio and some others obviously fell for it "An impostor? What's going on?" Leorio questioned. "Then who is he?" A tall bald man referred to Satotz-san.

"Look at this." The man pulled out a creature that looked like Satotz-san. "He looks just like Satotz-san!" Gon exclaimed.
"It's a Man-Faced ape, one of the creatures that dwell in the Numere Wetlands!" The impostor said. "A man faced ape?" Leorio asked.

As the commotion continued, Y/N focused for a moment on her abilities. Killua noticed the change in Y/N, but decided to brush it off. You controlled the vines as they slowly grew toward the impostor. They grew into a ring and quickly aimed for the impostor. The same method used to kill your mother. "Ring around the Rosie~" You quietly sang. Killua heard, and was a bit confused why you were singing at this time. The man died and collapsed to the ground. (Ha ha Hisoka's too late(о''о))

No one saw that coming. Hisoka chuckled, and walked toward you. He whispered something in your ear "Good job, little girl~♤". You were kind of weirded out by this clown guy. 'Did Y/N do that?' Killua wondered.

"The examiners are Hunters selected by the committee to perform this duty without pay. Any Hunter, bearing the title we seek, would have been able to block that attack." Hisoka explained. True... That attack wasn't that fast, It's best to use it when the opponent has their guard down. Since everyone had their attention on the guy no one saw the vines slowly moving towards him.

After his explanation big vultures started to feed on the man who tried to trick us. "Nature can be really brutal to watch..." Leorio observed. You smiled at the sight, earning weird looks from others. (Was debating whether to add that last sentence. I asked my sister and she said to add it, so it's your choice whether to ignore this)

===========

"Then let us be on our way. Please follow me" Satotz-san started walking again. The fog is getting thicker. "Guys, let's move up"
"Okay. We don't want to lose sight of the examiner." Gon replied.
"I'm more concerned with increasing the distance between us and Hisoka. Staying too close to him is dangerous. I can smell it in the air" Killua observed.
"Smell? Hmm.. I don't think he smells." Is Gon stupid? "Baka.." You chuckled.
"Leorio! Kurapika! Killua says that we should move up!" Gon called out to them.

"Let's go" Killua grabbed your hand, as Gon was too busy looking for the others. "Ah, Wait!"
You could hear people screaming from afar, Gon pointed that out too. "Just stay on your guard." Killua instructed. "I wonder if Leorio and Kurapika are okay..."
"I'm sure they're fine, Gon" You assured him.

At that moment the ground suddenly sank. The three of you got eaten by a huge frog. It was dark inside "Uhh how do we get out of here?" You asked. The frog threw up and got the three of you out. The huge amphibian walked away.
"Guess he didn't like the taste of us."
"It was this." Killua held up the juice Tonpa gave us.

"I'm still worried about Leorio"
Killua stood up "Forget about them. Let's get a move on. We can still catch up to the examiner. C'mon Y/N" He grabbed your hand again and took off. "Gon?" You looked back to see he disappeared. After a bit of running you and Killua saw the main group. "We've caught up to the main group" He looked back at you. "I think he went to Leorio and Kurapika" You answered before he could ask.

When you and Killua got to the Phase Two site, you hoped Gon and the others would be there.
"Let's wait, I'm sure they'll be here" You sat down by a tree. "I'm kinda tired right now. Sit with me?" You pat the spot next to you.
"Sure" he replied and sat down next to you. In your sleep you slowly rested your head on Killua's shoulder.

" I'm tired" the girl sat down and placed her sleeping brother on her lap. "Sit with me please" The boy complied and sat down next to her placing his head on her shoulder.

"Y/N..."

"Y/N."

"Y/N! Wake up!"

You woke up to Gon's voice. "It's time for the second phase."

"Gon, you guys made it!" You were relieved that he was here. "Where's Killua?"
"It was funny, cause when he woke up and saw you next to him, his face was all red!" Gon chuckled. You were confused why Killua would blush like that, was he embarrassed?

"Excellent work everyone. Phase two of the exam will occur here, in the Biska Forest Park." Satotz announced. "So, I shall take my leave. Best of luck to all of you."

_____________

"Why is Leorio's face like that?" You whispered to Gon. "Eh.. I'll tell you later." He sweat dropped.

The huge metal gates opened to reveal a woman with turquoise hair, and a huge man sitting behind her. "Will all applicants who passed the first phase please enter? Welcome. I'm Menchi, the second phase examiner." She introduced herself.
"And I'm Buhara, the other examiner." He continued. At that moment a loud grumbling sound was heard. For you that sound was extremely loud, you covered your ears and cursed under your breath.

You hate loud sounds, or loud people it reminds you of your old house. Always people arguing and plates being broken. Mostly because of your mother screaming in your ear whenever you made a mistake.

After Menchi said that we had to cook, everyone made a huge fuss about how they're here to take the Hunter exam and not cook.
"The required ingredient is pork. You're free to use meat from any species of Biska forest pigs." Buhara explained.

"Then, the exam's Second Phase.." Buhara raised his hand to hit his stomach, but before it did Killua covered your ears with his hands.
"Huh?" You looked at him. "Ah- Thanks... How'd you know tho? I mean you didn't see me earlier right? I was behind you"

"Uhh- Gon told me!" He sweat dropped, trying to change the subject, "Anyway, let's get going Baka!" He flicked your forehead.
"Ow! Killua!"

____________

"Where are we supposed to find pigs?" You asked. After you spoke, Gon slid down a slope. It looked fun so you decided to go after him, but he just stopped at the bottom. Causing you to bump into him, and Killua to crash into you.

♥︎A/N♥︎
Here I am feeling discouraged because I keep comparing my story to other really good books and I hate myself for that.
Anyway, sorry this took long and is short.

~1345 words~

edit: you guys i changed. i don't compare my books with others anymore and im proud of that :D how did I do it? easy, just give zero fucks

also I like this chapter so I didn't change it.