・Hunter Exam・

Craving some chicken nuggets rn

You help out around the house a lot since it was the least you could do for them for taking care of you. You do the laundry, wash the dishes, and clean the house. Sometimes you would do chores for other people, and they would pay you. You always give half of that money to Aunt Mito. She wanted you to keep it all, but you insisted.

Aunt Mito has agreed for you to take the hunter exam if Gon would catch the fish. She wants us to take care of each other. You also begged for a few days to come with him. She was hesitant at first, but you assured her that you would be fine.

=============

Keiji ran to you with tears in his eyes. "I want to go with you too!" He hugged me.
"I'm sorry, but you'll have to stay here." Keiji has already memorized the whole house at this age, and he also learned Braille. Since he loves to read so much.
'What a smart kid you are' You smiled.
"C'mon Keiji I'll make you some Onigiri!" You lead him to the kitchen.
"Okay..." He pouted.

================

You put on an outfit that would be easy to move in (Your choice).

'And the finishing touches..' You put a rose clip on your hair, that Keiji gave to you on one of your birthdays.

================

(I kinda just wanna skip and write about Killua, lol I'm impatient)

Both wave their goodbyes to everybody "Once I'm the best hunter in the world, I'll come back!"

"The best Hunter is the world? Kid doesn't respect us. Every year there are millions of skilled applicants for the Hunter exam, but only a handful are selected. Don't say stuff you can't back up, boy." The men laughed at him.

"Hey! Gon is going to be the best Hunter!
Just you wait and see!" Gon tugged at your sleeve and smiled.

"What are you doing, Katsuo?" You and Gon heard someone speaking. "At this rate, you'll never make a decent sailor." Katsuo tried to stand up, but the men kicked him down.
"Hey losers! Don't slack off!" A man that seemed to be the captain, said. "Hey, didn't you hear me? Move that box!" He looked at Katsuo.
"Wait!" Gon threw an apple, aiming at the box. "Thanks!"

Gon looked up. "A storm's coming"
"How can you tell, boy?" The Captain asked.
He pointed up "That's what the seagulls are saying" He paused. "Plus..." Gon jumped up to the crow's nest. "It's a huge storm that's coming!"

===========

You, Gon, and two other people were asked to  introduce yourselves. There was a really tall guy with glasses, and one with blonde hair. You learned their names were Kurapika, and Leorio.
"My name is Y/N." You  quietly answered.
"Why do you want to become Hunters?"
"Hey! If you're not an examiner, you can't boss us around!" Leorio pointed to the Captain.
"My dad is a Hunter. I left Whale Island because I want to know why my dad desired so
much to be a Hunter." Gon explained. "And Y/N is looking for her friend!"

Leorio faced you "Hey, kid! You're not supposed to tell him why your here!"

'but I didn't it was Gon' you sweatdropped, looking away.

===============

The four of you made it to the exam site, after that exiting quiz, and meeting the Kiriko. You also took a liking to Kurapika. (In a platonic way)

(Sorry for that time skip)

The vines slowly started growing here and there. You noticed long ago that when a place seems dangerous they start growing. They were protective of you in a way.
"Y/N?" Gon looked at you with concern.
"I'm fine" You smiled at him.

A rather plump man approached us saying it was his 35th time to take the hunter exam. 'pfft like that's a flex' His name is Tonpa, he then offered you all a drink which you thought was suspicious. "No thanks, I'm not thirsty" You declined with a smile.
"C'mon! It's a toast to our friendship!" He argued.
"A no is a no mister jeez" You declined. You could sense this guy was up to no good.

♥︎A/N♥︎
I noticed I use 'You' a lot at the start of sentences. I'll try to refrain from doing that. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Oh, and do you guys like the new cover? :D

I updated this because I felt this was too short and they didn't have much interactions with Leorio and Kurapika.

~762 words~

edit: not much to say in this one haha