Chapter 1: The Fudge

October 31st, 1981

"Give her to me Michelle " he threatened, his voice coming out so loud that the windows in the small London home shook. 

"No" she replied, her voice unwavering and certain as she held the baby in her arms closer to her chest. 

The Woman didn't dare show an ounce of fear to the man who stood in front of her, but in all honesty, she was more angry than afraid. The man chuckled to himself, an evil laugh that would've caused any normal person to get chills, but Michelle held her ground. 

" You're not taking her from me, Nick. I don't care that you're her father. You will not make her like you" 

The Mans face contorted with anger. He had had enough of the 'pitiful' argument coming from his ex-wife's mouth. He stepped forward, placing his hand over the pocket on his leg where his concealed wand lay. Michelle watched as he did this, holding the sleeping child even closer to herself. Nick quickly pulled the wand from its hiding place, pointing it at the woman and his child.

"I won't ask you again. You Either give me Madison or I will pry her from your dead hands" He said, His eyes locked with hers showing no sign of remorse.

Michelle didn't dare let this man she once called husband take her only born child. To anyone this would seem foolish, Standing up to a pureblood Wizard while being a powerless muggle. This didn't cross Michelle's mind though, as all she wanted to do was protect her half-blood child who deserved a life where she didn't have to be forced to perfection standards. If Nick were to take her, she'd be raised in a world of no mercy. She would be raised to follow a horrid man who only left destruction in his path. She would be raised to follow The Dark Lord.

Nick saw that his threat had done nothing against Michelle, the thought only angering him more. He raised his wand, Michelle closing her eyes and awaiting the contact of the curse that was sure to come. As Nick began to utter the words that would end her life, a hiss of pain came from his lips which caused him to drop his wand. Michelle opened her eyes and saw what was happening. Nick quickly pulled up his sleeve, now seeing the dark mark that had shown so evidently on his arm beginning to fade. At that moment, Both Nick and Michelle knew what that meant. Lord Voldemort was dead, or so they assumed. 

Quickly in the moment of distraction, Michelle grabbed Nick's wand and snapped it in half with one hand. She dropped the pieces to the floor before running as fast as she could out the door of the home they had once shared. As if by a miracle, Michelle ran right into a woman who would soon save her and her daughter's lives.

Millicent Bagnold, the current minister of magic had apparated onto the street only moments before, after learning that 'Sirius Black' had been spotted a few streets over after killing twelve muggles. It seemed to have been pure luck that she would choose that street to apparate to, the same night that Michelle and her daughter had been targeted. 

Michelle didn't know the woman she had run into, not being apart of the Wizarding world and only knowing the certain details that Nick had told her when they were married. 

Michelle opened her mouth to apologize to the woman, even in her rush to get away she felt the need to. The chance never came though, as more members of the Ministry began to appear around Bagnold (joining the minister to help capture Sirius black), Michelle now realizing these people were magic.

Nick ran out of the house now after Michelle and his daughter, freezing almost instantly as he met the small crowd of wizards. The group didn't move,  the minister and her workers almost expecting Nick to attack them. 

"I-I broke it! His wand I broke it" Michelle said, the words being enough to set the group into action. "Stupefy!" Yelled Bagnold, causing Nick to attempt to dodge the spell. He failed to move out of the way quickly enough, falling to the ground unconscious. As if on cue, the young girl finally awoke from her deep slumber, a soft cry coming from her lips. To Michelle, it seemed to be the most angelic sound. It was the first cry of their new life. It was the first cry where the two would finally be safe.