Glorybringer

Months after Ripnami's wedding

Glory's POV

I shook in fear. I checked my phone again. Did I read this correctly? Or was I dreaming? It was a threat to kill me that I ship these two people together. I know this person may be overreacting and is probably trying to scare me into writing about their favorite ship. But I still couldn't shake the fear that I felt. 

I heard the door thump. I jumped in fear and raced to the kitchen to grab a knife. If there was one thing that I learned, using a knife is the best way to defend yourself if you didn't have a gun. I slowly walked over to the door and pointed the knife at the door. The door flew opened and I screamed. 

"Woah! Woah! Calm down, killer!" Deathbringer shouted, backing away from me. I sighed in relief that it was Deathbringer and not some stranger trying to kill me. 

"S-sorry," I whispered, lowering the knife. Deathbringer raised his eyebrow but his eyes were at my legs. He must have seen them shaking like crazy. I did feel a little light-headed and I could barely feel my legs. Deathbringer took the knife away from me and set it on the coffee table. He motioned for me to sit down. I did what he told me to do and buried my head in my hands. 

"Glory, why are you shaking and holding a knife?" Deathbringer wondered, his voice worried. 

"U-um, you know how I write on this site. You also know that I love to ship?" I questioned. Deathbringer nodded. "Well...um...here," I gave him my phone, my hand shaking like I was freezing. Deathbringer took it and read the message. Once he was done, he sat next to me and pulled me closer to me. "I-I'm just s-so s-scared," I whimpered. 

"Glory, there are two things you need to know," Deathbringer whispered, his voice soft and gentle. "One, no one is going to kill you. This person is just upset that you don't like the same people that you do," Deathbringer said. Tears started to pour out of my eyes like a waterfall. "And two, I will always protect you. If someone is out to get you, I will make sure that they get through me first, as if they can, before they get to you," he said firmly. 

I sobbed on Deathbringer's shoulder. Deathbringer patted my back as I spilled snot on his brand new shirt. "I love you," I cried. 

"I love you too," Deathbringer whispered. I still felt scared...but I knew that with Deathbringer, I was safe.