« seven »

"Renjunnie~ slow down!" uttered Jaemin.

"Oops, sorry!" Renjun replied with a rush.

The Chinese male was clutching Jaemin's hand as he sprinted through the crowds of people. Jaemin had no idea where they were going, he just relied on Renjun to take him. All the male said was: "It's a secret!" and Jaemin took his word for it, just like that. They raced around the bustling city, dodging people and sharply turning left and right.

"Is this supposed to be payback for that time we were going to the cat shelter and I accidentally let go of your hand?" asked Jaemin.

"No, silly! I don't hold grudges over small things like that," responded Renjun.

"Then how about the time I decided to take your Moomin and held it up so you couldn't reach?"

"You went TOO far that time. And it was harmless as well!" retorted Renjun.

"Baby, you CHOKED me. Although, I must may that it felt quite nice."

Renjun stayed silent and blushed furiously, slapping Jaemin on the shoulder.

"Kinky much?" he muttered under his breath.

Jaemin laughed heartily and was about to hug Renjun's arm when the Chinese male stopped abruptly. He pulled out a blindfold and put it on Jaemin, confusing the latter.

"Am I getting kidnapped?"

"Yes now shut up," replied Renjun.

"Is this 365 days?" asked Jaemin, making a goofy grin and wiggling his eyebrows.

"I-" Renjun face-palmed himself with one hand, the other holding onto Jaemin's hand.

The Korean male noticed how quiet their surroundings were, and Renjun had stopped speaking as well. They were both walking at a slow pace, and the place seemed empty. Jaemin could still feel Renjun's hand holding onto his, but the male was too quiet for his liking.

"Baby? Where are we-"

Renjun stopped walking and let go of Jaemin's hand. He walked behind the latter and placed his hands on the Korean's shoulders. Tiptoeing, the Chinese male took off the blindfold from Jaemin's eyes and let it fall into his fingers. Jaemin gasped as he blinked several times.

The cherry trees had blossomed, from bud to bloom, and were petal confetti in the making. Different shades of pink flowers coated the branches of the trees, making them barely seeable. A light breeze went by, making the petals flutter and dance before landing gracefully against the lush green grass. Under the largest cherry blossom tree, there laid a red and white checkered picnic blanket. A large basket sat by the corner, with several dishes laid out. There was a Bluetooth music speaker on another corner of the blanket. Across the picnic area was a vast, clear lake, glistening under the sun's rays. The water was an arctic-blue colour, and the occasional ripples danced in an ongoing pattern until it died out.

"Renjunnie..."

"I know it's not much, but I want to thank you, for everything," blurted Renjun before covering his face with his hands in embarrassment. He wasn't the type of person to do something like that.