« eleven »

Jaemin was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't hear his friends banging on his front door.

"NA FUCKING JESSICA IF YOU DON'T OPEN THE DOOR I WILL BURN IT DOWN WITH MY FLAMETHROWER!"

"Hyuck calm down-"

"WE HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 10 MINUTES!"

Sighing, Jaemin lifted his body off the sofa and walked towards the door. He opened it and came face-to-face with a burst of mad sunshine. Donghyuck grabbed Jaemin and shook him, trying to make the male stop dreaming and wake up.

"Daniela! Lovely to meet you too!" said Jaemin sarcastically.

"Nice to see you too," snarled Jeno, crossing his eyes and rolling his eyes.

"Anyways, what do you want? Or need?" asked Jaemin.

"We're going out today. Wanna join?" asked Donghyuck. He suddenly looked shifty as he looked down and shuffled his feet.

"Oh sorry, Renjun is waiting for me," Jaemin replied, a cute smile spreading on his face.

The five boys looked at each other, sadness laced across their faces. They tried to speak, but none of them could utter a word.

"What? Can someone speak? You all look pale," spoke Jaemin while placing his hand on his hip.

Heaving out a long, shaky sigh, Donghyuck moved closer and embraced Jaemin, his warmth spreading through Jaemin's body and his scent engulfing the said male in deeper. He enjoyed Donghyuck's hugs, but this one seemed... full of melancholy. He was confused at this sudden gesture. Donghyuck brought his head closer to Jaemin's ear and whispered.

"Jaemin, Renjun passed away years ago." His voice was barely audible.

The taller male furrowed his eyebrows before pulling away. He cocked his head to the side.

"What do you mean? He is here with me-"

Jaemin turned around and pointed at the crimson sofa, only to see that it was empty. No one was sitting there. There was no happy, sassy Renjun jumping around the place with his cute smile and shining eyes. A full Americano sat on the coffee table and it had remained untouched for the past hour.

Suddenly, everything clicked.

Everything flashed past him like a thunderbolt as he recalled the moment. The day he found out.

.

.

.

.

.

⊱ ────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ────── ⊰

.

.

.

.

.

They went out shopping that day, both of them groaning and complaining because of the weight of the groceries. Jaemin decided to be goofy and started walking sassily while pretending to be a spoilt drama queen. He started walking onto the road and was too busy speaking to Renjun to realize that a van was heading his way.