« ten »

Jaemin left Renjun a text at 11 am on the 14th of August.

Wear the outfit in the photo I attached
And you HAVE to wear the Harry Potter glasses
Be ready by 8 pm ❤️

photo attached

Feeling confused, Renjun shrugged and went on with his day. He still had plenty of time before Jaemin came around to pick him up. When it was 6 pm, Renjun practically ran to the bathroom and took a bath for an hour. After he finished, he wore the outfit. Surprisingly, it wasn't anything fancy or crazy. It was simple; a baggy white T-shirt tucked into baggy ripped jeans and black converse. His hair was brushed forward and his makeup was natural and simple. A rose-pink lip gloss was applied and light blush. He wore his Harry Potter glasses as Jaemin told him to.

He didn't have to wait long before he heard a knock at the door. Renjun opened the door to see Jaemin smiling softly holding a big bouquet of red roses. He also was wearing a baggy white T-shirt tucked into baggy ripped jeans. His hair was still the same strawberry-pink shade that Renjun adored, and it was brushed down. He also wore natural makeup. Renjun couldn't stop looking at the male. Jaemin held out the roses and gave them to Renjun, who smelled them elegantly.

"Thank you."

"Are you ready to go?"

"Hm! But where are we going?"

"It's a secret."

They got into Jaemin's car and drove to their destination. It took a while, but the two didn't mind. They listened to songs and talked about trips they'd gone to, about their friends, and places they'd like to visit in the future. Renjun looked out of the window and realized how far they'd gone.

"Baby, where are we going?"

"Somewhere you'll like. Oh, one second," the traffic light turned red. Jaemin fished out a blindfold and took off Renjun's glasses, replacing them with the blindfold, causing him to die with curiosity on the inside. He held onto his glasses as he waited to arrive at their location.

"We're almost there, don't worry," said Jaemin, knowing what Renjun was thinking about.

They drove a little more and eventually Renjun could feel Jaemin parking the car. He got out of the car and opened the door, helping Renjun out after. He held the Chinese's hand and walked towards their destination. As Renjun walked, he could feel the ground go soft and uneven. Walking became a little bit harder, but Jaemin slowed down for him. Eventually, the male stopped walking and undid the blindfold, replacing it with Renjun's glasses. The male gasped and blinked several times.

Upon the primrose sand, the hue as gentle on the eye as a vintage photograph, there was a steady warmth from the grains. Scattered amongst the sand was red rose petals that coated the sand lightly. Tall, tiki torches were lit up and formed two lines leading to the centre. There were roses placed down in the shape of a large heart that Renjun and Jaemin walked into. The Chinese male could smell the salty seawater, but mostly the aroma of fresh roses that surrounded them. The wind blew gently, making the flames on the torches flicker and dance slightly. TheJaemin walked forward and faced Renjun.

"What is all this...?"

Jaemin smiled softly at the male. He brushed away some hair that covered Renjun's twinkling eyes and tucked it behind his ear, to see his beautiful orbs properly.

"Renjun... you know how much I love you. You are the best thing that has happened to me. I miss you when you're not here with me, and I'm willing to fight for you and our relationship.  I don't want anyone else to have your heart, kiss your lips, or be in your arms. When I tell you I love you, I well and truly mean it."

"I-... Jaemin," Renjun fought back the urge to cry, but the tears rolled down his cheek.

Wiping the tear with his thumb, Jaemin caressed Renjun's cheeks, cupping the male's face in his hands. He leaned in, and so did the Chinese male until their lips collided. It seemed that time stopped for them to savour this wonderful moment. The sun kissed the borderline of the ocean where the sky and water met, blending the sky into all shades of red and orange, before welcoming a comfy pink hue. Jaemin's kiss was not the same as those fake ones from movie stars, but one steeped in a passion that ignited. It was the promise of realness, of the primal desire that lived in them both.

The pink faded into darker shades of purple before welcoming the endless, twinkling night. In the twilight, the beach was tinted sepia, the sand more orange, the water darker, their skin soft to the eye. They sat there, Renjun on the left, Jaemin on the right, just taking in the evening before falling into peaceful silence. The shorter's head rested on the taller's shoulder before sitting up straight to look him in the eye.

"I regret a lot of decisions I make. But loving you wasn't a bad one. It's the best thing I ever experienced. I love you, Jaemin."

The taller male passed a comforting smile before placing a gentle, adoring smile on the Chinese male's lips. All of Jaemin's kisses felt different, but this one especially. As if he poured all his emotions into this kiss, to seal their love forever and for it to bloom and blossom into something bigger. Renjun absolutely loved it and savoured it. In this kiss, they were at home.

 In this kiss, they were at home