Chapter 1

Mia's POV

I wake up to loud shouting. It sounded like my parents down stairs. I slowly drag myself out of my warm bed and pull an oversized t-shirt over my head. I unlock my door and make my way down the stairs to find my mother screaming at my dad with tears streaming down her face.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO THIS TO US AGA-"

"Mom? What's going on? Why the hell are you screaming so loud? I was trying to sleep," I interrupt her annoying screaming. She looks at me wide-eyed, like she had just seen a ghost.

"O-oh, Amelia, honey I-I'm sorry I-I didn't mean to wake you. We were jus-"

"Yeah whatever. Dad what's going on?" I ask as I turn to my father. He looks at me with his cold stare. His eyes used to be so bright until he got that job in the city. My mother wanted a big house and all these luxury things so my dad wanted to please her. With that came a price. We kept seeing less and less of him and his eyes just got colder and colder by the day.

"Mia," he sighs, "we have to leave, and your mother is staying here."

What? I have to move? Why isn't mom coming with us? I mean yeah she can be annoying but I still love her. I would miss her.

"Why?" I ask timdly.

"Because your asshole of a father has-"

"Tammy!" My father shouts,"That's enough! She doesn't need to know." I stand there completly in shock. Not knowing what exactly to say or do. Where would we be moving? Are we still going to be in Maine? I might get some answers if I asked these questions instead of just asking them in my head. Great thinking Mia. you're such a genius. Shut up. A voice breaks me out of my thoughts.

"Mia, you need to go get your stuff packed. Get anything you will need clothes, pitcures, make-up." My dad tells me. I slowly nod still very confused. I glance over at my mom to see that she is on her knees crying. I start to slowly walk up the stairs when my dad calls up to me.

"Oh and grap your passport we're going to Australia!" I froze.

Australia?!?

Wow, I'm moving to Australia. I guess it's good that I don't have many friends here. Except for Matt. Matt is my best friend. I've known him since I was little, we always stuck up for each other. When he told everyone he was gay his parents kicked him out an he stayed with me until he could get his own place. I need to tell him that I'm leaving so I can say good bye.

I walk into my room and grab my big black suitcase and I start to pack my things. Once I have all my clothes put in the suitcase I walk into my bathroom to take a shower. I pull off my over sized t-shirt and step into the warm water. I wash my hair with my strawberry shampoo and lather my body with my vanilla body wash. I quickly shave to get rid of my stubble before getting out and wrapping myself in my white towel. I step in front of my sink and brush my teeth before getting dressed.

I pull on my 'now or never' tank top and my black ripped skinny jeans. I do a smoky eye and pull on my black and gray beanie. I quickly slip on my bracelets and black combat boots and make my way down the stairs. My dad is there waiting for me packed and ready to go.

"Mia are you ready?" My father asks me.

"I need to say good bye to Matt before we go." I plead. He rolls his eyes in annoyance but nods his head letting me know that we can.

I walk over to my mom to give her a hug good bye. We don't speak we just stand there holding each other. I pull back from the hug and head towards the door.

I look back one last time to the only home I have ever known. I wave good bye to my mom and jump in the car. My dad gets in and starts the car. The hum of the engine makes me realize that this is actually happening. I'm never coming back. I'm moving to Australia and there's nothing I can do about it.

Matt isn't going to take this well.