Chapter 2

Mia's POV

The car pulls up to Matt's house and I barely let the car stop as I hop out and slam the door shut. My boots make large imprints in the slush, or as I know it, Maine snow. I guess thats the only thing Matt will have to remember me by. Thanks to my asshole of a dad and whatever he did wrong.

Why are we moving to Australia, of all places? And what the hell were my mom and dad screaming about? Although the actual leaving seemed last minute, this whole endeavor appeared to be too thought out. Something was going on that my dad wasn't telling me.

Before I know it, I'm at Matt's front door. I run my hands up and down my arms frantically as an unexpected chill ran through me. I hesitantly ring the doorbell.

No answer...

I was about to leave when the door swung open. There, with his usual mop of curly hair stood my best friend, Matthew Johnson, the gayest guy I know. He was wearing a sweater with multi-colored cupcakes all over it, khakis, and his favorite galaxy Vans. I swear that boy wears those shoes with everything.

He couldn't look any gayer even if he was standing next to Elton John and a unicorn, my subconscious adds. I was too busy acknowledging his extreme gayness that I didn't even notice that he was talking to me. That was until he thumped me on the head.

"Ow, what the hell Matt?" I exclaimed, rubbing my head.

"Well you weren't paying attention. I'll ask you again, why are you here? It's like 10 degrees out here, and 'Say yes to the Dress' is on," he stated, putting his hands on his hips. I took a deep breath and said the two words that nearly brought me to tears.

"I'm moving."

(A/N I wanted to end it here...but I'm nice so keep reading lol)

Matt opened and closed his mouth repeatedly, his chocolate brown eyes beginning to water.

"You're leaving me?" He said, his voice cracking at the end. That statement alone brought tears to my eyes that clouded my vision. He closed his door and sat on the front step. He coverd his head with his abnormally large hands.

"I barely got through high school and we graduate next year, a-and you're leavign me?!?" He nearly screamed. I didn't know what to say.

"My dad fucked up again and I guess my mom has had enough. Mom's staying here while my dad and I are going to Australia," I say, looking at my shoes. I sit down next to him and wrapped my arms around his torso. He's right, I thought. Without me, he'll barley make it out of high school alive. He gets bullied a lot because he's gay. Idiots.

"Australia?" He croaked, looking up at me.

I had never seen my best friend look so broken, so distraught, in all the years that I've known him, "Matt. Matt look at me," I whisper, tilting his head to look at me. "You'll ALWAYS be my best friend. I love you so much. I'll come back and visit whenever I can, even if I have to walk," I chuckle a bit trying to lighten up the mood, "There isn't a thing I wouldn't do for you."

He's in tears by the time I finish my small little speech. I help him stand and hug him for what feels like years. We jump out of each other's arms when my dad honks the horn. Asshole. I had almost forgotten that he was there.

"I gotta go Matt. I'll text you and we'll Skype tonight for sure," I say as I run towards the car. He hasn't said a word.

"Mia," he whispers. I could barley hear him.

"Yeah?" He then hold up his middle finger, out sign. Now I was full on crying, I throw one back to him. My dad honks the horn again. "We don't have time for this," he barks.I get in the car and pull out my phone. Theres one text.

*From: Gay Boy <3*

Always. 

*

I look up to see him going back into the house with a slight smile on his face. I respond with an Always. I look back at him once more. Oh, lord. He's up to something. The car backs out of the driveway, right then I get a text.

*From: Gay Boy <3

Make sure to find me an australian hottie ;)

*

Oh jeez. The car speeds off and at that moment, the life I had known in Maine was officially over. Good-bye Maine and hello Australia...yay!....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Matt is supposed to be your sterotypical gay. How society thinks gay guys are. We did this on purpose. We are not making fun of anyone who is gay...and if you're gay I LOVE YOU!!! YOU'RE PERFECT!

Please vote and comment.

It would mean a lot and encourage us to keep writing...thank you! <3