Chapter 3

The entire ride to the airport was completely silent. I guess my dad could tell I was not in the mood for talking. I plug my headphones and blare "Don't You Go" by All Time Low; I lean my head against the window and watch all my childhood memories pass by, and I slowly fall into unconsciousness.

"Mia...Mia wake up we're here."

I open my eyes and wait for them to adjust to the light before I realize just what 'here' meant, the airport. This is actually happening. I grab my backpack from the back seat and climb out of the car. I walk around to the trunk and I pull out both of my suitcases. My dad does the same and we start heading into the large yet small building.

"What are you going to do with the car?" I asked as we got in line to check in.

"It's gonna be shipped to us soon, might take a couple weeks."

I sigh and notice that it is our turn at the counter. The women that helps us I shamlessly flirting with my father. She has her hair up in a tight bun, her eye brows drawn on and bright blue eye shadow. After that awkward endeavor we hand her our bags and head to security.

***

"Flight 34 to Sydney, Australia is now boarding."

We both get up and walk through the gate and arrive at this massive plane. I've never flown anywhere, and to 've quite honest I'm a bit nervous. As we get adjusted in our seats my dad turns to talk to me.

"Mia, I know this is all a bit strange but I promise you will love it there."

"Okay." Is all I say, I really don't have much to say to him. I'm upset that I have to leave everything I've ever know behind. And Matt, basically my only friend.

I notice the flight attendant get up and start demonstrating the saftey instructions. I tune her out and look out the window and wave goodbye to my life.

"Now preparing for lift off"

I lean my head up against the window driffting off to sleep again, knowing that when I wake up I'll be in Australia.

******
A/N
Hey I finally updated I've noticed that some people have been reading this story and it really motivated me to keep writing I'm sorry this update is so short I wrote it while waiting for my shift to start at work hopefully I'll be updating either later tonight or tomorrow

Please comment and vote it means the world to me thanks guys!!!!! <3