Chapter 6

Starring at my best friend through my computer screen is anything but ideal; but it's all we've got. Matt looks at me expectantly waiting for me to spill the beans about Ashton.

"C'mon women don't leave me hanging."

Raising my eyebrows, I tell him the story on how I met Ashton; well it wasn't really a story it was more like a really long sentence. He then went on to drill me with questions, the first one being, "Is he gay?"

Chuckling I stare at Matt in amusement, "How am I supposed to know I just met the guy. He's my neighbor but I doubt we will ever talk again."

"Don't be such a Debbie downer. Which reminds me," he yells startling me, "There was this dreadful woman named Debbie on Say Yes to the Dress ugh I just wanted to reach through the screen and pull her hair out." He continued to ramble on about all of his shows and the people who bothered him.

And that's how the rest of my night went until I realized what time it was and told him I needed to sleep. Which he then proceeded to tell me that sleep is for the weak and that I can sleep when I'm dead. Either way I won and got to bed trying to mentally prepare myself for my first day.

*************************

I wake up naturally for once, which is weird because it's almost seven. I hope out of bed and head down stairs, seeing that my dad hasn't woken up yet, I start up the coffee maker and go wake him up. Going back upstairs I head across the hall to where his room is located. Walking in I head straight for his bed knowing only one way to wake him up. My inner self laughs evilly.

"WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD!" I yell as I jump up and down on the bed like I always did as a kid. He groans and tells me to shut up so I go to jump off the bed to turn the light on and just my luck he grabs my ankle and I just about face plant into the carpet. All I can hear is his booming laughter from what he just witnessed. I can't help but laugh as well.

With a morning like this my first day should go great.

After finally getting my dad up out of bed I go to take a quick shower. I quickly lather my body with soap and make sure to shave any unwanted hairs on my body. I decided not washing my hair and just sprayed it with dry shampoo. Looking in the mirror at myself in my white towel I feel like a different person not like everything has changed just a few things. For example, my eyes just look brighter...

Realizing I'm full of shit I head into my room to get ready.

Walking down the stairs, fully dressed, I smell the sweet, sweet smell of coffee. Picking up my pace just a bit another smell hits me, it's one of those smells, the kind that make your mouth water with excitement and want. Bacon. Yes! This morning is starting off great.

During breakfast I inform my dad about me decision to walk to school, we don't live that far maybe about a ten-minute walk. He reluctantly agreed and we set off to our new lives.

I grab my backpack off the floor and my house keys and walk out the door. Making sure the door is locked I start my tread to school. Passing by Ashton's house I wonder if he's left yet or if he's even in school, he did look kind of old to be in high school. If he does go to school, I wonder if he will speak to me and make this first day of not knowing anyone easier. He seems like a good guy so if he does I think he will.

I could see myself being really good friends with him but dating like Matt was suggesting I don't think so; he isn't really my type. Well he doesn't fit in to what I think my type is. I've never been the one to date I'm more of a friends with benefits kind of gal. But who am I kidding that only happened once and that was when Matt was trying to figure out if he was attracted to girls. Obviously we know how that turned out.

Looking up from the ground I hear a bunch of talking and laughing, I see that I have reached my new school, Seaview High. Taking a deep breath I take my first nervous step onto the campus. Looking around I notice people looking at me like I'm some alien. Putting my head back down I walk through the front doors and try to find the main office. I look to my left and boom there it is, good like any normal school it's right in the front. Thank god.

Walking into the main office I take notice to how nice it looks. There is a small aquarium that resembles the one in Finding Nemo, two small couches with a coffee table in between them in the front, and then a huge counter that separates me from the office lady. Inside the counter there are all types of school spirit merchandise.

"What can I help you with?" Looking up I see a woman that kind of resembles a clown. She is wearing a coral color skirt with a matching blazer, the blazer looks like it has shoulder pads, which is accompanied with a ginormous fake flower. Her hair is a burnt orange color and her makeup, her makeup, I have no words.

"Uh-yes my name is Mia Taylor I'm new and I need to get my schedule."

"Ah yes of course. Follow me." Following her deeper into the office I notice that this also must be where the troubled kids end up.

"That's the dean's office. Let's hope you don't end up in one of these chairs. Like Mr. Clifford here."

"Using me as a bad example again Mrs. D I'm hurt." He puts his hand over his heart in mock hurt. His hair is just as crazy as hers. It's black and blue and purple, but I kind of dig it.

"Nice hair." I complement. He smirks then winks.

"CLIFFORD! GET IN HERE!" A voice yells from inside the office.

"And that's my cue. See ya later new girl." Hesays with a mock salute and disappears into the office.

"Shall we continue our tour?" The redhead who I'm guessing is my principle speaks up after my little exchange.

"Yes of course." We continue our way through the office until we reach a larger office with a huge oak desk sitting right in the middle of it. Many degrees and awards hanging up on the walls and trophies from what I'm guessing either her own kids or her childhood are scattered along her desk and windowsill.

"Here is you schedule, dress code handbook and our code of conduct. Please give them a read. Run along now don't want you to be late for your first class."

I grasp all the papers from her and begin to read over my schedule as I make my way out of her office, I give a small thank you over my shoulder and proceed back the way I came. As soon as I walk through the doors and into the courtyard the bell rings, looking at what my first period is I see that I have music. Okay good. An easy class. It says the class is in B104 glancing up at the courtyard and noticing all the halls are labeled by letters. I head towards the hall labeled ABCD, once I reach the opening I follow the arrows that point towards B. Taking a huge deep breath I grasp the door and open it slowly, trying to calm my nerves.

Walking in I notice all the chairs lined up in lanes, about 5 in each one. Noticing that I'm the first person here I look around for the teacher. Walking through a small room I find her sitting at her desk.

"Excuse me? Where should I sit?" I ask timidly

"You're Mia right? Good good. I'm going to seat you towards the back. You'll be sitting next to.....Clifford, Michael Clifford."

This should be interesting.

******************************

This is by far the longest chapter i have ever written. i am so proud of this chapter and i hope y'all like it.

Please vote and comment it means a lot and makes me want to keep writing

If you see anything wrong please let me know.

Also if there is anything you would like to see happen or have any suggestions please feel free to message me and i will put them into consideration.

I love you all!!