🔱 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷: 𝙻𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 🔱

Art by dcassom on Twitter

Transition art by Zevious on ZEDGE

Currently, you were the definition of bored and tired. When your dad invited (demanded) you to come out and visit him for the Summer, you'd expected something a little different. Though why would you, you didn't know. When you'd come up here, you thought you and your dad would simply just relax and catch up, maybe having a few bears and enjoying the cool evening breeze. Well... that wasn't the case.

Instead, your dad had taken you aboard his, what could only be called, a military yacht to spend some time on the open water. But of course he still placed his stupid shark hunting show over spending time with his only child.

You started questioning why you came down here in the first place. You could've been relaxing at home, wasting time watching cat videos and snacking on random things. You breathed heavily through your nose, looking at a few pictures you friends had sent to you from a small restaurant in the middle of nowhere. You really wished you were with them right now, enjoying travelling across the country with a few close friends.

You flicked your gaze over to where your dad was talking to a group of three people. One with a rather heavy looking camera resting on his shoulder, another with a boom mic and one with a notepad and pen, writing frantically on the paper.

You cringed thinking of the reason they were here. Moving your view from your father and the others, you looked at the rather large shark hung up on a hook. Its skin looked slimy, though it felt as rough as sandpaper when you helped pull it on deck.

You perked your head up when the guy with the notepad said something to your father and then to the two beside him. A small red light started flickering on and off in a steady rhythm, showing the camera was recording.

"Daddy hunted sharks. I hunt sharks. If there was somebody better at this, you'd be followin' them, yah?" Oh great, here we go again. Well, you may as well return to your temporary room, right? I mean, you would've, if you weren't in the direct line of sight of the camera.

"People got a lot wrong ideas about sharks. Scientist say we gotta "coexist". Now how you gonna coexist with a shark, huh? A Shark. it jus' wanna do one thing - that's kill you, eat you, and **** you out" You slipped your phone away and leaned back, wrinkling your face up at your dad's rehearsed lines. You loved sharks, and your father making you pull one on deck not two hours ago made you throw up. But you continued to listen as he talked.

"What I do, I consider a "sacred honour" - kill 'em all if I could. Too bad ain't but twenty-four hours to a day" You suddenly zoned back in when the receiver device started beeping. Your dad and the camera crew did the same. He quickly made his way over and pressed on a small red button, causing a voice to blare out through the radio.

"Shark spotted in Fawtick Bayou! Several deaths reported. Shark can be identified by rusty harpoon embedded in flank!" Your dad suddenly looked angry, shoving the poor boy handling the camera out of the way, almost making him drop it.

Your grip on the edge of the boat tightened when your dad started the boat, quickly jolting forward to Fawtick Bayou, you assumed. You'd been there a few times. Your dad used to take you to Rosie The Alligator's show every few years.

"Well, guess I'm gonna revisit a few childhood memories" You muttered under your breath.