🔱 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸: 𝚁𝚞𝚍𝚎 𝙸𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚍𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 🔱

Art by KingRooper on Twitter

Gura had been scoping out the boat ever since it had docked late at night. She had felt a rush of relief when she heard the engine quiet down since she was getting kinda tired. Now Gura had somewhat figured out the interior of the boat simply by looking through a few of the windows. Two of them allowed her to see two of the bedrooms, one with an older man with a scraggly beard and a rough demeanour. The other had a much younger human sleeping peacefully, a suitcase opened in one corner with various things scattered around it.

The other window showed into a makeshift kitchen with a minibar fridge in one corner, and a gas oven and a sink installed into one of the counters. There was a microwave in another corner with a few cookbooks stacked on top of it.

After swimming around it several times, Gura was faced with a new problem. How would she get in? The boat was pretty big, and the edge of the hull was well above her head. Gura thought about diving further down in the water then jump out of the water at full speed, but she assumed that would make too much noise and the small shark didn't want to wake anybody up.

'I could use my trident, but that would do some damage to the boat and I don't really want to do that, not now, at least' Gura thought, treading water smoothly.

After doing a bit more swimming, Gura found the lowest point of the hull, which would make it easier to get up. Now all she had to do was get her hands hooked over the edge, which was the only problem left in her way.

"What do you think, Bloop?" Gura half whispered towards her smaller shark companion. Bloop, who had also been scouting the boat, turned around in his bubble to face her, his tin can hat almost falling off his head in the process. After doing some careful thinking, Bloop pointed towards a collection of rocks that could give her a boost.

"Ha! I knew I could always count on you" Gura gave Bloop a sharp toothed smile, the smaller shark giving her one in return.

She knew she couldn't climb and hold Bloop at the same time, and she wasn't leaving Bloop in the water by himself, Gura did the only thing she could think of. She took off her hoodie so it was resting around her shoulders, then grabbed the bubble Bloop was encased in and placed it in the fabric pouch securely.

The rocks where slippery from the water, but her shoes had enough grip for it to not be a problem. The rocks were a little bit away from the boat, but not far enough that it would do much hinderance, but it would be a little tricky to jump far enough and quietly enough, so Gura had to do this perfectly.

After jumping, Gura was able to leap far enough to reach the boat, but her landing was slightly rough and definitely loud. The force almost made Gura fall back in the water, but she was able to keep a vice grip on the edge of the deck. She could feel Bloop spinning around in his bubble from the impact and she quietly apologised, to which Bloop gently hugged her as best as he could.

Apparently no one heard the thump Gura caused and she silently cheered in victory, placing Bloop on the deck. 'Now, who will I question first?' Gura didn't wait to think and gently opened the door that led below deck, not even bothering to look above deck first. Bloop quickly followed her down, not wanting to be left behind.

Poking her head into the first unlocked door, Gura found a windowless room with a few bunkbeds. 'Was this boat meant for more people that are on it? Or are they picking up more?' Gura knew there were five people on board, having seen them beforehand. Two of those people were carrying rather weird things, one looked like a box with a smaller box on it, and the person kept pointing it at everyone else on board (the camera) and the other person had a long stick with some round on the end. They'd usually hang it close to people's faces for some reason.