🔱 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹: 𝙰 𝚂𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝙰𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝙲𝚛𝚎𝚠 🔱

Art by Hikerumin on DeviantArt

As soon as you woke up, you already felt an intense headache approaching. Coupled with the fact you weren't entirely sure about meeting Gura last night, your brain wasn't fairing too well this morning.

'I desperately hope there's Panadol or something like that or else I'm going to scream' You thought weakly, vaguely aware of a bundle of warmth pressed against your side.

Your thoughts on everything being a dream, however, were proven wrong as soon as you opened your eyes. The shark girl herself has spread herself over your bed. She must've gotten up again at one point since there was two extra blankets on the bed, one was taken up by Gura, another was wrapped firmly around Bloop's bubble.

'A... okay. Well then' You shook your head to get rid of any hair falling in front of your face and quietly slipped out of bed, shivering at the cold floor.

It suddenly struck you while you watched the toaster as it heated your Pop Tarts. Did Gura even know about the others on the boat? She said something about perception block, or something like that. What did that even mean? Even when you weren't half asleep you didn't know what it even did. Your brain did recall her somewhat explaining it, but you didn't remember.

You almost jumped out of your skin when you felt a pair of arms wrap around you. You freaked out since no one on board hugged you, or should hug you.

"I smell food! You getting a snack without me?" A rather chipper voice said from behind you. Noticing one of the crew people there, you tried to looked behind you a subtly as you could. And just as your luck would have it, he was waiting on the incredibly slow coffee maker your dad reefused to replace.

Gura looked much happier than she did last night, and she was also a lot clingy-er than last night, too. Why? You had no idea.

You nudged your head in the direction of the guy waiting for his coffee, hoping that Gura would understand, but she just kept staring at you. You had to admit, you felt kinda bad for not responding, but what else were you supposed to do when someone was in the room.

So instead you fixated your eyes on him, like staring would make the coffee machine run faster so he would leave quicker. You mostly did this so you didn't have to see if Gura was getting sad at you not responding.

After a few awkward and tense minutes, he finally grabbed his cup and walked out of the room. It was at this point that Gura realised why you weren't talking. The shark let go of you and started watching the toaster with you, not entirely understanding why you were watching a metal box. She remembered watching Ame use one to make toast, but overall she was still confused on how they worked.

Gura became confused when she saw you walk over to the other side of the small room and opened a cupboard, pulling out two boxes. One was small and a green colour with bold, white writing on it. The other was a blue with a rather colourful biscuit, Gura guessed she would call it. It had big writing that said Pop Tarts on it.

Gura watched with interest and you pulled out a small plate and popped two of what Gura assumed were Pop Tarts and placed them on the plate, then put two more in the toaster. You then pulled out a glass cup and filled it halfway with water. You then proceeded to take something small and white out of the green packet, pop it in your mouth then take a huge gulp of water.

"Why'd you do that?" You looked confused at her question before realising what she was asking. You placed the cup in the sink.

"I have a headache, I just took some Panadol to help the pain go away. You can have the Pop Tarts on the plate if you want" As soon as you finished the sentence, Gura grabbed one of the treats of the plate and ate it faster than you could comprehend. The shark repeated the action for the second one before turning to you with a set of puppy eyes.