Chapter Fifteen

Taylor's POV

Harry and I have been going out on little dates and trips for three weeks now. We have another date later at 6 PM. It's 5 PM right now. An hour to get ready.

Today is the 13th of December, my birthday. Harry did not tell me anything about what we're doing tonight. All he told me was to bring a sweater and  to wear comfortable clothes. And, in his very own words, "by comfortable, I mean flat shoes and jeans and a t-shirt. Something you could have fun in." 

Somehing I could have fun in, huh? I could have fun in this cute white t-shirt with a purple ribbon printed on it. I could have fun in these jeans, too. Oh, and my new pair of converse looks really comfortable to walk in. So, I guess I'll wear those.

Speaking of Converse, those are actually my first converse in quite a while. My brother, Austin, bought it for me as a birthday present. He gave it to me four days ago, on Sunday, because he had to go back to his college on Monday, and he comes back next next week.

We're in Nasville, by the way. I got here two weeks ago. Harry got here eight days ago. We're all on a vacation. The other boys—Niall, Zayn, Louis, Liam—they're all in London, I think. No, wait, I think Niall is in Mullingar right now. Yes, I think Niall's in Mullingar right now.

I look at my watch and see that it's only 5:12. I sat up on my bed. I've been staring at the floor for about 10 minutes. I brushed my hair with my fingers, my legs swinging over the edge of my bed. I stood up and straightend my dress. I walked to the bathroom and took off all my clothes and whatever else I wore until I was completely naked. I opened the shower and stepped in, the warm water splashing all over my body. I let the water wet my hair and started brushing it again with my fingers. I squeezed some shampoo form it's bottle and put it on my hair. Again, I brushed my hair with my fingers. I took my soap bar and ran it all over my body, starting from my cheeks, then my forehead, my neck, then down to my feet. I washed up after running soap all over me. The shampoo on my hair fell away. All the soap suds and bubbles went down to the drain. I feel clean now.

I closed the shower and took one towel from the bunch of them folded on a small rack just beside the shower curtains, on the outer side. I wrapped the towel around my body and got another one and wrapped my hair with it. I stood infront of the mirror just above the sink. My whole face was so pale. My eyes looked tired, but at the same time, filled with excitement and wonder. But the color of my eyes seemed very different. It was an ocean blue with spots of lighter and brighter blue. My eyes have never been this way before. It fascinates me.

I blinked and all the fascination I felt disappears. It took one blink to bring me back to reality. One blink and the greatness I felt inside deflates. One blink was all it took for me to be back to normal.

I step out of the bathroom and gather all my clothes. I wore them all and surprisingly, my hair had it's old curl and life back to it. I had straightened my hair about a year ago, but now it's already getting it's curl back. I do miss my curls, but you can't force them to come back, so I'm not straightening my hair today. I'll let it be.

I walk back to the bathroom, still not wearing any shoes. I brush my teeth, refusing to look at the mirror. But I had to look. Just for my make-up. I put on a light layer of eye shadow and lip gloss. Eye liner, mascara, blush. I don't look so pale now. i actually look really good.

I looked at the clock and it read:

5:43 PM

Did I really take that long? I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Hey, mom." I said as I saw my mom making ham and cheese sandwiches.

"Hey there, sweetie." She says smiling at me.