Scene 2 Oliver Queen

It’s been a week since Barry went back to Central city, I have seen him on the news repeatedly lately. Everyone in central city adores the flash and I know he enjoys doing this kind of work too, I love that he enjoys it because I am also in this line of work and it gives us something to talk about when he calls me randomly because he gets lonely without me and wants to just talk about whatever with me. Matter of fact my phone started rigging in the bunker while I was out on a mission, I had Felicity answer the call and let Barry know what was happening and that I would call him back later on. 

    About half an hour later I walk into the bunker with Dina and laurel, Felicity high fives everyone as we walk in “Oliver, remember you and Barry have a date tonight” Felicity says to me quietly so only I could hear her soft words. “Shit, I forgot about that.” I muttered and put my hands on my head. I hate when I forget dates, Barry is so good with remembering and if he found out I forgot because I have been so wrapped up in my own work he would pretend to be fine but its evident in his face that he is hurt by the fact I forgot. I can’t help but feel just awful, I know I love Barry I just don’t want to say it just yet, that scares me, the moment I say I love him things change and I like the way things are right now. 

    I go home and put on my suit and text Barry asking where I should meet him for the date tonight, mistake number one. I get the address and I over dressed….mistake number two, the date was at Gitters, a coffee shop in Central city. I walk in and take a brief look around before my eyes rest on this handsome man in the corner with a hot chocolate in one hand and his phone in the other. My phone buzzes in my back pocket and Barry texted me asking where I was, I decided to walk out before he saw me and come in the back door. 

    I walk around the back and enter, I am behind Barry now and I surprise him by hugging him from behind and kissing his head. I do this to him a lot but I know he loves it and so he starts to smile and his smile is one of my favorite things in the entire world. Barry twists in his seat and smiles at me with a small laugh. He leaned his head into my chest and I smiled and sat in the other chair at the table. A waitress came by and asked me for my order, I asked for a black coffee with one sugar. 

    We spent an hour in gitters when Iris and Felicity walked in. They saw us and walked over to our table to say hi. “Hey!” Iris exclaimed as she walked over. “Hey guys” Barry said back with a bright smile. “Are you two on a date?” Felicity asked cautiously. “Yeah” I being short so they wouldn’t think this was an invitation to join us, I don’t do double dates, especially with the two girls who set me up with Barry, that is too awkward. I could tell by my short and semi cold hearted answer the girls knew I wanted alone time with Barry. Felicity looked at me like she had something to say to me that was important, she spared Iris a glance and asked her to go place an order for the two of them and grab a table over in their favorite spot. Iris kissed Felicity’s cheek and walked away. 

    Felicity leaned onto the table “Oliver, can I talk to you for a minute?” I could tell she was worried so I got up without a word and we walked out of Gitter’s The door shut softly and we looked at one another worryingly. Felicity sighed “ Someone tipped off the police saying you’re the green arrow. Laurel and captain Lance are working on it but a lot of officers are doing everything they can to investigate this tip and if captain Lance doesn’t let them then they are going to start asking him about his connection to the green arrow, he has protected us too many times to get away with it now.”  Felicity spoke quickly and nervously, she pushed her glasses higher up on her nose. 

    We walked back into the coffee shop and iris handed Felicity her drink. I walked back to the table and kissed Barry sweetly. When I sat down I could see that Barry was worried about what Felicity was talking to me about. I knew he wanted to ask so I just smiled and told him so he wouldn’t drive himself mad trying to figure it out. “Barry.” I started “Felicity just told me that someone tipped off the police about my….moonlight job. Captain Lance is doing what he can to protect me but he needs to perform some form of investigation to throw everyone off. I promise things will be okay, we just need to figure out a plan on what can be done to protect my identity” 

    As the words came from my lips I could tell that Barry was getting more worried by the second so I decided to keep things simple and throw in some reassurance at the end of it to make sure he felt better about the situation. “Okay” Barry said quietly with his head down. I got up from my seat because I had seen that my bus back to Star city was almost here and I kissed Barry. “Come on, walk with me to the bus stop?” I asked in hopes he would smile. Barry got up and we walked to the bus stop a block away. I gently placed my lips on Barry’s and pulled him in by the waist, holding the kiss a bit longer than I normally would, I knew the moment I got home I would hear from Barry. He would be worried and probably running over at the drop of a pen to check on me if even the slightest thing happened. 

    I got a call from captain Lance telling me not to worry because everything would be handled. I was unsure of his plan but I figured that nothing could get so bad that I go to jail, if anything I have John take over being the green arrow for a few nights so the police could figure out that I’m not the guy they are after then once things settle down I could jump back into things. I just worry about that, I don’t want to run the risk of John having to take my place then potentially getting caught by the police and having him be subjected to that process. Things will fall into place as they go on, I always figure something out.